Skip to main content

wild mary posted:
paul 2 posted:

I really like that they went with an older era truck and 1/48 besides. I sure do hope that Menards, Mark and crew bring them out without the plug in. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed........... Paul

DITTO - Not crazy about the plug-in feature but the trucks themselves are great looking.  I think if the lighted vehicles just had a female jack rather than that BIG UGLY pigtail I be inclined to purchase a few.

Doesnt the male and female plugs that Menards uses look about the same on the outside?  That is a female plug on the truck aint it?  And you have to hook them together to get power lol : )

Jim

carsntrains posted:
wild mary posted:
paul 2 posted:

I really like that they went with an older era truck and 1/48 besides. I sure do hope that Menards, Mark and crew bring them out without the plug in. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed........... Paul

DITTO - Not crazy about the plug-in feature but the trucks themselves are great looking.  I think if the lighted vehicles just had a female jack rather than that BIG UGLY pigtail I be inclined to purchase a few.

Doesnt the male and female plugs that Menards uses look about the same on the outside?  That is a female plug on the truck aint it?  And you have to hook them together to get power lol : )

Jim

That is correct. each pigtail is about a foot long which has a female end on it.

Last edited by cabinet Bob
cabinet Bob posted:
carsntrains posted:
wild mary posted:
paul 2 posted:

Jim

That is correct. each pigtail is about a foot long which has a female end on it.

A foot long?    OK now im going to order 2 vetter trucks AND the danged building !!!!   WOOO HOOO. 

Jim

Or should that be.... CHOOO CHOOO  

Last edited by carsntrains
cabinet Bob posted:
carsntrains posted:
wild mary posted:
paul 2 posted:

Jim

What I'm referring to is a female jack mounted on the under body, not a pig tailed jack.

rogerpete posted:

Super cool- gonna pick one up.
If it was a GMC Cracker Box, I would have for sure turned it into a tractor/trailer for my dad. Dad hauled steel in a crackerbox. He said if there was snow on your boots in Ohio, it was ice by the time he was at Saginaw.

Can’t beat a old Crackerbox my dad had a Emeryville International 

PRRMP54 posted:
Garfield posted:
I wish  Athearn would cut you a deal on their 1:50 scale tooling.

Why? 1/50 is too small. I have one Ford flatbed and it looks way out of place although not quite as bad as the oversize 1/43 stuff.

I'm just not that picky and I understand how expensive tooling is.

I even use 1/43 vehicles.

Speaking of, I put a few of those in my Menards bag along with some train cars and got in on the 15% off bag sale this week.

They have an RV now and some Tractor Trailers that are bout the size of the ones Lionel used make.  I will probably put the trailer on a flat car for some intermodal action.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.