Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

mike g. posted:

Me too Chris! Might take me a while to eat it with 12 teeth but I would give it one heck of a try! LOL

12 toofers??  I'm missing 8 due to wisdom teeth coming in with no room. Didn't even hurt until I was 50.   Had 2 removed years before that because there wasn't room for them.  

Toofers aside.    I'm still banking on a brewery!   I hope the make High Life or Miller light! : ) 

Jim 

Menards posted:

Happy Monday!

Here is another hint for you!

Keep an eye out for our new release coming on Wednesday!

Tease 3

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy!

No guesses from me on what the new item may be... but that looks like Bettendorf-type trucks. All I recall being used on Menard's "Traditional" sized stuff is roller bearings. If I am understanding that past Menard's traditional products were equipped with roller bearings, then new Bettendorf-type trucks on upcoming products (like the traditional sized) would be a very nice touch.

Andre

Not much to add here but I did notice a couple of things about the clues.  I googled the steak picture and it's a 12oz ribeye.  In the first picture there's 12 portholes, eyelets, windows, who knows. Finally, in the picture of the trucks, Mark states keep an eye out for the latest release...I'm still baffled but there does seem to be some connections with eyes and the number 12.

Get Trucking: Lighted Stake Trucks from Menards

Click here to shop now!

Stake Trucks 2

The Basics: Every railroad moves freight. But what if the freight comes in less-than carload lots? How does a railroad track maintenance crew haul their gear? And what do businesses around the nation use for pickups and deliveries? They use a freight truck.

The new stake trucks from Menards are 6-½ inches long, 2-inches tall, and approximately 2-inches wide. Each vehicle has a Plug & Play connection for power the front headlights and red brake lights.

Vehicles available are the Menard Cashway Lumber (279-4601), the Vetter Sash & Door (279-4602), a nice companion to the Vetter Sash & Door, the Pennsylvania Railroad (279-4603), the Santa Fe (279-4604), the Chicago & North Western (279-4605), and the Railway Express Agency (279-4606).

Illumination requires a Menards 4.5 volt power supply, Menards SKU# 279-4061, 279-4062, or 279-4050 sold separately. Also available are two different accessory packs. The 9-Piece Plug & Play Accessory Pack (279-4681), and the 8-Piece Plug & Play Accessory Pack (279-4035) allow you to illuminate several vehicles or buildings with a single power supply.

Why you need this: The styling of these vehicles make them at home on any railroad modeling the 1940s through the 1960s. The gentle curves of the front hood and fenders evoke iconic trucks made by Ford, Chevy, GMC, International Harvester, and Mack. The cab has silver accents for grab irons, door handles and side vents. The roof has five orange-painted simulated running lights. The front bumper and grillwork are a subdued silver color.

The cargo compartment has a textured and painted simulated wood deck. The side slats are smooth and the rear tailgate can be opened and lowered. Flip the vehicle over and you’ll find fuel tank and even a simulated drive shaft. The axles are free rolling.

Railroad and business names and liveries are well-done and eye-catching.

Each vehicle has a foot long power connection for use with the Plug & Play system by Menards. Using the multi-connection pack you can illuminate several vehicles and structures and swap them out as you please.

Enhance the experience:

The 9-Piece Plug & Play Accessory Pack (279-4681) includes one four-way line splitter, one 5-foot, one 4-foot, and one 3-foot extension section. The three Y-splitters can power up to six vehicles.

Have some old buildings you’d like to illuminate? The set includes two four-inch LED tape lights that can provide additional spot lighting wherever you need it. The accessory pack can do a lot!

The 8-Piece Plug & Play Accessory Pack (279-4035) includes two 6-foot extensions (straight plug head), two 6-foot extensions (90-degree plug head), two male to female conversion pieces and two Y-splitters.

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Stake Trucks 2
jeremy ferrell posted:

These are fantastic.  I had recently been buying the flatbed trucks and turning them into road tractors for TOFC trailers.   Menards you could save me some work if you made some into road tractors.    

Jeremy, You remove the sides and deck and shorten the wheel base for an ideal tandem semi tractor.   The red tractor is a shortened Ertl which left the factory the same length as the green tractor.    JohnDSCN5976

Attachments

Images (1)
  • DSCN5976
Last edited by rattler21
rattler21 posted:
jeremy ferrell posted:

These are fantastic.  I had recently been buying the flatbed trucks and turning them into road tractors for TOFC trailers.   Menards you could save me some work if you made some into road tractors.    

Jeremy, You remove the sides and deck and shorten the wheel base for an ideal tandem semi tractor.   The red tractor is a shortened Ertl which left the factory the same length as the green tractor.    JohnDSCN5976

But John, how does one reattach the shorter frame?

Richie C. posted:
Menards posted:

We've got some cool stuff coming!

Here's your first teaser for our January 9th release.

Tease 1

Thank you,

It's probably me, but what did the above actually represent and how does it tie into the stake trucks ? 

Perhaps the lighted headlights on the trucks. There are multiple trucks being offered so multiple headlights. I doubt many saw it like this because the "headlights" were too close together.

rattler21 posted:
jeremy ferrell posted:

Jeremy, You remove the sides and deck and shorten the wheel base for an ideal tandem semi tractor.   The red tractor is a shortened Ertl which left the factory the same length as the green tractor.    JohnDSCN5976Are these still readily available?

prrhorseshoecurve posted:
rattler21 posted:
jeremy ferrell posted:

But John, how does one reattach the shorter frame?

I can’t speak for Johns but the menards Mack style trucks I was buying and modifying were diecast.  I literally just sectioned the chassis with a hack saw.   Smoothed our my cuts and used Jb weld to reattach the sections.   Good thing about in weld is you can file it and sand it.  This new release truck appears to have the same setup or something close.   So I’d say it’ll be a very doable modification on these as well.    Where there’s a will there’s a way.   I’ll share some pics when I get another one completed.      

prrhorseshoecurve posted:
Richie C. posted:
Menards posted:

We've got some cool stuff coming!

Here's your first teaser for our January 9th release.

Tease 1

Thank you,

It's probably me, but what did the above actually represent and how does it tie into the stake trucks ? 

Perhaps the lighted headlights on the trucks. There are multiple trucks being offered so multiple headlights. I doubt many saw it like this because the "headlights" were too close together.

Someone at Menards has a future in modern art !

These look amazing.

Will they ever be made without the led head and tail lights?

Here is a Ford brochure that has these and many other neat trucks.

Just in case you need anymore ideas

http://www.xr793.com/wp-conten...-Truck-Full-Line.pdf

I wish  Athearn would cut you a deal on their 1:50 scale tooling.

They made some great 56 Ford pickups and panels and the later C series cab over trucks.

I asked them about reissuing them and they said they had no plans to because the trucks would be so expensive they wouldn't sell. 

turtle7 posted:

For those of us who don't want to use the lights ( but keep the truck intact for possible future use of the lighting) , is it possible to tuck/hide the electric wire/connector under the truck's chassis? thanks-turtle7

The plug is a little big to tuck somewhere and the wire looks long. I'll have a better idea when I get mine but at least the wire their using is black which is a little more inconspicuous.

Chris Lonero posted:

That’s all I’m going to do. Just like the buildings drill a hole and run it underneath. 

This would be my first lit vehicle and I'm happy Menards is doing some non-modern accessories that fit into a layout designed for an earlier time period, but any concerns that someone comes along and says, "Hey, nice truck" and grabs it off the layout and rips the wiring out or do I just need to put up a sign that says, "Please Do Not Touch" ?

Richie C. posted:

This would be my first lit vehicle and I'm happy Menards is doing some non-modern accessories that fit into a layout designed for an earlier time period, but any concerns that someone comes along and says, "Hey, nice truck" and grabs it off the layout and rips the wiring out or do I just need to put up a sign that says, "Please Do Not Touch" ?

Connect a bare wire to the metal cab . . . .

paul 2 posted:

I really like that they went with an older era truck and 1/48 besides. I sure do hope that Menards, Mark and crew bring them out without the plug in. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed........... Paul

DITTO - Not crazy about the plug-in feature but the trucks themselves are great looking.  I think if the lighted vehicles just had a female jack rather than that BIG UGLY pigtail I be inclined to purchase a few.

Last edited by wild mary
wild mary posted:
paul 2 posted:

I really like that they went with an older era truck and 1/48 besides. I sure do hope that Menards, Mark and crew bring them out without the plug in. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed........... Paul

DITTO - Not crazy about the plug-in feature but the trucks themselves are great looking.  I think if the lighted vehicles just had a female jack rather than that BIG UGLY pigtail I be inclined to purchase a few.

Doesnt the male and female plugs that Menards uses look about the same on the outside?  That is a female plug on the truck aint it?  And you have to hook them together to get power lol : )

Jim

carsntrains posted:
wild mary posted:
paul 2 posted:

Doesnt the male and female plugs that Menards uses look about the same on the outside?  That is a female plug on the truck aint it?  And you have to hook them together to get power lol : )

Jim

That is correct. each pigtail is about a foot long which has a female end on it.

Last edited by cabinet Bob
cabinet Bob posted:
carsntrains posted:
wild mary posted:
paul 2 posted:

Jim

That is correct. each pigtail is about a foot long which has a female end on it.

A foot long?    OK now im going to order 2 vetter trucks AND the danged building !!!!   WOOO HOOO. 

Jim

Or should that be.... CHOOO CHOOO  

Last edited by carsntrains
cabinet Bob posted:
carsntrains posted:
wild mary posted:
paul 2 posted:

Jim

What I'm referring to is a female jack mounted on the under body, not a pig tailed jack.

rogerpete posted:

Super cool- gonna pick one up.
If it was a GMC Cracker Box, I would have for sure turned it into a tractor/trailer for my dad. Dad hauled steel in a crackerbox. He said if there was snow on your boots in Ohio, it was ice by the time he was at Saginaw.

Can’t beat a old Crackerbox my dad had a Emeryville International 

PRRMP54 posted:
Garfield posted:
I wish  Athearn would cut you a deal on their 1:50 scale tooling.

Why? 1/50 is too small. I have one Ford flatbed and it looks way out of place although not quite as bad as the oversize 1/43 stuff.

I'm just not that picky and I understand how expensive tooling is.

I even use 1/43 vehicles.

Speaking of, I put a few of those in my Menards bag along with some train cars and got in on the 15% off bag sale this week.

They have an RV now and some Tractor Trailers that are bout the size of the ones Lionel used make.  I will probably put the trailer on a flat car for some intermodal action.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.