Skip to main content

Hey Everyone,

I'm going to do things a little differently for next week's release. I just have one hint but it is a BIG one!

Now you know what it is called, but you'll have to wait until Tuesday to see what it looks like!

Happy Guessing!
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Last edited by Menards
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I like anything that says AMERICAN!  But would like it better if it were made here!!  : )  

I really wish you guys would make some more Southern rolling stock!   I bought the big pack of Southern boxcars and really like them!  Even if folks tell me they are in a paint scheme that is too new for my layout.. lol    siding 1

Jim

Attachments

Images (1)
  • siding 1
LaramieJoe posted:
mike g. posted:

Dr. Joe, your killing me! LOL So what to guess now? Oh I got it and I know you all are going to love this one!

Plant #2 that makes American steel KEGS for the new Plant#1 BREWERY! LOL

You will get your brewery one way or another, even if it's keg-first.

LOL One day! If not in my time, I am putting the bait out there for the next generation! LOL

play trains posted:

I really don't care, I will buy it and it will look terrific as usual! LOL And it won't be a brewery, as usual! LOL

Brother, I feel so sorry for you that you have fallen off the support wagon! Have faith one day it will be here and I will have room for it when it does!

And...it's live!

Check out the new Multi-scale American Materials Plant #2! Shop Now!

Dimensions: 9-11/16"W x 5-7/16"D x 11-3/4"H

Flexibility: One structure you can use in three different scales

The Basics: Fully assembled and decorated structure with 20 exterior LEDS, four rooftop warning lights, and a flashing American Materials sign with animated lighting pattern. The structure’s base is approximately 9-1/2 inches wide by 5-1/2 inches deep and rises 12 inches. This is approximately 47 feet in O scale, 63 feet in S scale, and 85 feet on HO scale. The silo base and ground both have sand texture. The wooden cribbing is dark brown.

For illumination American Materials Plant #2 requires a Menards 4.5 volt power supply, Menards SKU 279-4061, 279-4062, or 279-4050. You may wish to consider the 9-piece Plug & Play accessory kit (SKU# 279-4681) to serve multiple structures on your layout. All are available separately.

Why you need this: Probably every model railroader has looked at a structure or scenery detail from another scale, and wondered if they could integrate it into his/her layout. Sometimes, such as with a culvert or an oil tank, it can be fairly easy. But usually details like doors and ladders make this conversion a bit of a challenge, if not impossible. This structure changes the game.

The American Materials Plant #2 was designed from the start to omit details that would tie it to a specific scale. It is a storage facility for a wide range of materials. The eight silos are approximately two-inches wide and could house sand, concrete, coal, limestone, or even taconite pellets for your ore cars. If your line hauls bulk material, this is the loading or drop point of choice. This would also be a grand choice for your seaport or dock area.

The plant has a heavy base with a textured surface. It is the foundation for cribbing with crossbeams. The base of the silos drops into it, and there is more textured surface at that level. The silos rise approximately eight inches above that level.

The front of the structure has an American Materials sign with an animated American flag. The flag is illuminated when the accessory is plugged in. A power connection feeds out of the foundation, and there is also an additional pigtail underneath for those who wish to drop it through their train table for concealed wiring. This structure is designed for use with the simple-to-use Menards 4.5 volt Plug & Play power system.

The top has an outward slanted corrugated façade that is two inches long. This conceals a flat surface. You’ll find simulated piping running to each silo. There are also red flashing aircraft warning lights mounted in each corner.

Want to “scale-ize” it? This building is generic enough to allow you to fine-tune it with details such as ladders and signage in the scale of your choice.

Avoid the hassle of cutting up PVC pipe for your trackside industry. The American Materials Plant 2 is a nice-looking business that comes ready to install on the O, S, or the HO scale layout of your choice.

In case you missed it, I've included today's train email below.

If you want to receive these special offers and new product announcements, click here!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

It has been bothering me what this thing looks like, today when I went to get my meds at CVS It him me as I was going thru the door. If I say what it was the post may get the boot. so you guys guess.  

Ok another hint or two

It is most often seen before entering the door portal to the inside of the door Right there outside the front door. easypeasy!

Email your guess to me at  pigzilla@sbcglobal.net

At last count two folks agreed with me.

John

Last edited by John Pignatelli JR.
rtraincollector posted:

goto catalog page 180 as link only takes you to catalog hint there is only like 256 pages so goto end and come backwards it's a kit you have to build. http://catalogs.lionel.com/19bb/ 

Thanks Bill.  I think this just may fit the bill.  If the walls are embossed brick I'm buying all three structures.  Sorry Menards, you really dropped the ball by not offering a brewery.  I've been waiting a long time for a home for this.

boh sign.

And finally a place to spot my Natty Boh reefers

bohreefer.

What can I say but...….

aint

Attachments

Images (3)
  • boh sign
  • bohreefer
  • aint
Last edited by wild mary

Nick your welcome, glad I could assist you. Only problem, finding one, that's not on back order like everything else. Oh well it's the way of things now, either back ordered or BTO ( I just love doing BTO ( reminds me of music I listened to when I was a bit younger lol like 40 years younger ) and a perfect song for our ordering woo's "You Ain't Seen Nothing yet"

Last edited by rtraincollector

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.