Skip to main content

A few thoughts come to mind

- Modular Grain Elevator: Section A is a standalone grain elevator with several silos, the Section B has silos that can be added to the first section to expand the overall building. One can add multiple B sections together to extend the overall length of silo.
Examples of configurations: A ,  A+B ,  A+B+B ,  A+B+B+B , etc....

Grain Silo Product Idea

- Modular Icing Platform: Similar design to the above mentioned grain elevator, this icing platform can be built-up in sections. Each section (P) would have a set of removable steps that can be mounted on either side of the platform section. This way one can tailor the length of the icing platform to the space they have
Examples of configurations: P (w/ steps) , P (w/ steps)+P (w/ steps) , P (w/ steps)+P ,  P (w/ steps)+P+P , etc...

F.W. Woolworth Co. Building: I haven't seen one made yet in O gauge

If you want further info on these product ideas, my email is in my profile.

Bryce

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Grain Silo Product Idea
Last edited by Oscale_Trains_Lover_

guys as nice a some of the suggestions here are. they my be too elaborate and unrealistic for menards to build.

mark, here is an idea that is sure to fit all eras and model rr. it can be made using the products you most likely already are using and takes up a very small space. it can be put against a wall or stand alone. this style of building if made with two loading doors would be great for spotting box cars on the layout. just make it about 30 inches long and 10 in wide and 10 high.this would accommodate all lenths of box cars to be used. a sign atop the building could be made in a long rectangular shape. non lighted and with multiple factory  name via stickers for placement buy purchaser. or whe could make our own. just light up the interior and it would look great and very down town industrial on any layout from oscale to ho scale. here is a photo of one thats been done years ago by someone. Screenshot_20210206-091057

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Screenshot_20210206-091057

Steak n Shake (50's-70's) Dog n Sud's drive in.

Rusty

I agree on a Dog n Suds Drive in. One is located in Tomahawk, WI.

To be practical, I would make the structure with 6 to 8 car stalls total. Otherwise it might be too large for some O gauge layouts. Most properties started out as Drive in only. Some locations added sit down later. Not looking for a neon sign, just the current logo lighted.

@david1 posted:

East coast supermarkets likeFood fair, Acme, Pathmark, Jewel, A&P and many others. All these are closed now except for Acme.

Many pictures of each on the Web.

Another thought is Horn and Hardant  automat restaurant. Great signage!

Dave

I'm in for a Food Fair store:  my first job with a paycheck at 15 years old in 1962.

There are so many great ideas on this thread! I am definitely in favor of some more flat buildings.

This is a very biased recommendation, but I'd love to see the Marceline, MO depot turned into a building - both HO and O scales. Marceline is my native hometown, and I think it had one of the most beautiful train stations in the Midwest. Although no trains stop there anymore, it has a wonderful new life as the Walt Disney Hometown Museum. Disney and his family lived there for several years during his boyhood in the early 20th century, and it was in Marceline where he discovered his passion for drawing, as well as his lifelong affinity with trains.

Personally, I think the brickwork and architecture of this station would make it an attractive model that could be an amazing addition to any of our layouts. I appreciate this thread and the opportunity for all of us to share our ideas - thank you!

Marceline, MO Depot

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Marceline, MO Depot: Beginning in 2001, it is now the Walt Disney Hometown Museum.
Last edited by Patrick Downing

Most of those above are too specific or extremely local. We all have a "local", and a bakery (etc) across the country doesn't perk me up.

Not your thing, but more heavy industry, maybe modular so that we can buy all or part ("Collect All Three!"). Small portions of big industries.

And: flats, flats, flats - which can fit in with the "small portions of big industries" idea.

OK,

So what does the competition NOT have or no longer make.

1.  Pedestrian overpasses.

Discontinued:

http://www.lionel.com/products...kover-green-6-37115/

https://www.walthers.com/atlas...kit-6-quot-clearance

https://www.worthpoint.com/wor...-pedestrian-19791730

https://mthtrains.com/30-9053

These can also be cut in half to make stairs for elevated lines.

2.  30" long scale bridge girder plate sections that can be cut to length.  One supplier makes them (26.5 inches).

3.  Long stair sections with hand rails that we can cut to the length we need.  Usually that involves a lot of work to piece together.

Last edited by Craftech

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.