Skip to main content

@wild mary posted:

Iron Horse and Dave -  It just doesn't seem to fit .  Supper Club/Roadhouse,  Howard Johnson's/Roadhouse,

Biker Bar/Roadhousebooyah-comic-pop_a-G-10391412-0

I concede, Wild Mary, you're right. But my layout already has an MTH Harley shop, an MTH Harley drive-in diner and a blues club where the Rolling Stones are playing small gigs now that they are old.  My supper club would truly welcome bikers!  But if your roadhouse shows up at Menards instead of my supper club, I'll buy one!  And then I can park some of my scooters in front it as well as the Menards' Howard Johnsons, too. Or a Holiday Inn

Menards does a great job thinking out of the box for their structure releases
I would like then to make a couple of dilapidated houses. These house could be modified buy the buyer to suit their need as a haunted house/hobo house/building slated for demolition or just houses in a run down neighborhood. If you look at a lot of the structures the weathering is minimal. Menard’s could make make a need structure and maybe just modifying some of their own designs.

A cemetery would be nice with a hurst and people with head stones, something to go along with the new church. They could also put funny sayings on th tomb stones.

@AMCDave posted:

Those would be pretty easy to reproduce today using a laser cutter and printed texture. Laser would be easier and cheaper than the die cut method used back in the day. IIRC the windows were screen printed which you can do on a printer today.

I'd love to see them in plastic, even if it were a kit. The ones I have have seen better days.

Jerry

Here are a few

1. Reissue or retool the bar and grill. I saw the original on a Facebook and forgot how much i loved it
2. Someone mentioned a domino sugar building. As long as it has a light up sign, I’d buy one.

3. Make another brewery with a more recognizable brand. Obviously I’d love a natty Boh one, but the chances are lower than hitting the lottery!

I look forward to new products, as it has been a while since anything new has come from menards.

@jlm1973 posted:

Since Menards is out of Wisconsin a good choice would be another Wisconsin company like CULVERS.

I live below the "Cheddar Curtain " but every summer our family spends several weekends in Madison or Milwaukee. I would also like to see some buildings with a Wisconsin flair, like a Mader's restaurant or a Usinger's Sausage factory,  or the best one yet, State Street Brats with the iconic Bucky statue out front.   

@third rail posted:

I live below the "Cheddar Curtain " but every summer our family spends several weekends in Madison or Milwaukee. I would also like to see some buildings with a Wisconsin flair, like a Mader's restaurant or a Usinger's Sausage factory,  or the best one yet, State Street Brats with the iconic Bucky statue out front.   

I have a daughter living in Milwaukee and I like going to Mader's when we are in town. I really like your idea of Mader's or Usinger's Sausage factory.

Keeping with the Wisconsin theme, here are a few more ideas.

A facsimile of the  Mars Cheese Castle  on I94

A rustic northwoods restaurant with goats on the roof and a fish boil

A deer camp hunting lodge

A.frozen lake with ice fishing huts.

A facsimile of the G Heilmann brewery with the Old Style beer can holding tanks.

The Hormel factory in Beloit with the bean can holding tanks

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.