Skip to main content

So many possibilities. Mark is going on another vacation.......Maybe Cabinet is going to be on vacation too. Both are likely going to the Orient to check on new production. And by the way Cabinet Bob it is your fault for leading me astray. I just ordered three more box cars. My wall went from a mini, mini, mini wall to a mini, mini wall. LOL This is going to be a rough week. I better hold some money in reserve............Paul

EnRouteCODE3 posted:

MRS provides terminal rail-switching services to south St. Louis industries and operates a fleet of insulated beverage railcars and grain hopper cars.

Its two trucking subsidiaries provide delivery of cans, bottles and outbound beer for four Anheuser-Busch breweries.

DANG !!  You guys are GOOD !   

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0
Menards posted:

Here's another teaser!

I'm on vacation until Monday (2/20), so if I don't like your guesses right away, don't take it personally! Who knows, I might still  check in with you guys over the weekend.

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

This means that I have to check with the "missus" before I buy any more Menards stuff.

Firewood posted:

The first Menards locomotive? A one horsepower switcher? 

Thanks for sharing this, I've never seen it before.  I own heavy horses and I know that 1 horse power is not a way to measure what they can do.  They are more like steam engines and should be measure in tractive effort.  There is a video online of a 4 horse "power" team pulling a tractor trailer out of a snow drift.  My lawn mower is more than 4 horsepower and there is no way to get that engine to do that job.

https://youtu.be/hlyDkpYHR70

Tony

Tony_V posted:
Firewood posted:

The first Menards locomotive? A one horsepower switcher? 

Thanks for sharing this, I've never seen it before.  I own heavy horses and I know that 1 horse power is not a way to measure what they can do.  They are more like steam engines and should be measure in tractive effort.  There is a video online of a 4 horse "power" team pulling a tractor trailer out of a snow drift.  My lawn mower is more than 4 horsepower and there is no way to get that engine to do that job.

https://youtu.be/hlyDkpYHR70

Tony

Great job by that team! I've started a fresh thread on "horse switchers" here: 

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/t...orses-switching-cars

Let's see what comes up. You're right - all that leverage from those huge muscles doesn't compare to a dinky lawn-mower crank.

Many of you caught onto the Clydesdale and Manufacturers Railway teasers. Great guesses everyone!

Introducing this beautiful MRS Flatcar with Budweiser Truck!

In 1887, Adolphus Busch founded the Manufacturers Railway Company. This short-line track contained 13.5 miles of track, connecting the Terminal Railroad Association of St. Louis to the Alton and Southern Railway in Illinois. A favorite of many railroad enthusiasts because of its long history, this line not only streamlined their beer delivery system, but it was also used to ship everything from bags to boilers and bathtubs along the St. Louis riverfront. In the 1940s, “the beer railroad” maintained 42 miles of track, shipping until its closure on March 13, 2011.

This 11-1/2’’ Manufacturers Railway Flatcar not only features a beautifully painted woodgrain deck, but it‘s also equipped with premium metal trucks and operating couplers. But this impressive piece doesn’t stop there! Sitting atop the flatcar is an O scale die-cast beverage truck. From its bold red paint and chrome accents to its Budweiser® branded decorations, this lifelike truck has it all. It even includes side doors that actually open!

Flatcar measures 11-1/2" L (coupler to coupler)
Deck measures 10-3/8" L x 2-1/2" W
Truck measures 6" L x 1-3/4" W x 2-1/4" H

Single (279-3560) Shop Now!

4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-3561) Shop Now!

In case you missed it, this today’s email is shown below. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Swafford, you're killing me! You were the first one on the first page of this thread to guess a Budweiser Delivery Truck! So, you're supposed to ask Mark if you can get a free one? Not that it would happen.

It's kind of like the "Wheel Of Fortune"... when you solve the riddle, that's the prize you get.

Well I guess you're probably a "Let's Make A Deal" kind of guy: Okay we got the truck. Now how about a building to park the truck in front of.

Mark, you'd be listening - With a correct guess, Frank has some clout now!

Mark you've got another winner.  Glad they've changed the trucks on the short flats.  What is the chance that you'll be offering just the beverage truck?  I could use 4 of them to send to the paint shop for a different look.  Yea I know "slim & none and Slim just left town.  Guess I'll just spring for a 4 pk of Bud.

natty boh delivery truck 

Attachments

Images (1)
  • natty boh delivery truck
Last edited by wild mary
wild mary posted:

Mark you've got another winner.  Glad they've changed the trucks on the short flats.  What is the chance that you'll be offering just the beverage truck?  I could use 4 of them to send to the paint shop for a different look.  Guess I'll just spring for a 4 pk of Bud.

natty boh delivery truck 

Wild Mary,

If you are looking to paint the truck and decorate like the National Bohemian, we do have a Pepsi truck without the flatcar that you can start with. Here's a link.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

wild mary posted:

Mark you've got another winner.  Glad they've changed the trucks on the short flats.  What is the chance that you'll be offering just the beverage truck?  I could use 4 of them to send to the paint shop for a different look.  Yea I know "slim & none and Slim just left town.  Guess I'll just spring for a 4 pk of Bud. 

The trucks on the short flats have not changed. You're looking at the "in-between" 11.5" flatcar. As in "in-between" the 10.5" and the 14.5" flatcars. You'll notice there's no brakewheel on this one.

It's only ever been offered with vehicle loads, so there weren't any obvious announcements about a third flatcar being added to the lineup--the loads on them were the 'stars of the show', so to speak. 

---PCJ

Last edited by RailRide

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.