Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Son of a gun, yesterday I decided to pull the trigger and buy a 24-pack of Menard's O72 since I am tired of looking at the motley crew of pre-war, post-war, LTI, and K-Line I have. Saw the Sinclair and added that to the box on a whim. Grew up in Broadview, IL, the street ended in Illinois Central and Indiana Harbor Belt ROW, and in the opposite direction along Roosevelt Road was a Sinclair station. Lionel made a three pack of Sinclair tank cars, but the asking price on fleabay always seems high.

Trying the 'deliver to store' feature.

I want to just make a positive comment here.  While I don't own tons of Menard's rolling stock like some folks, there is one thing about their business model I really appreciate, and that is availability.  When something is advertised, it is available.  There is no waiting for months and months to see if something is on the water, or did enough get ordered to actually make into production.  The immediate availability to the consumer is great.  As far as I know, this is the only supplier that currently operates this way.  I still have to wait for at home shipping because I don't live within a reasonable distance to a Menard's store, but I don't really mind.

Don't get me wrong I love the big catalogs and wishlists, and the amazing features on locomotives I can't afford are a marvel to see, but knowing something new can be had now, instead of maybe later, is a huge bonus.  I hope this doesn't change.  The tracking said my Dino tanker should be here Saturday. I am really looking forward to it.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.