Skip to main content

Mr. Cribari,

In one of your posts above, you make reference to 36-24-36 curves. While Lionel Fastrack comes in 036 curves, I am not familiar with 36-24-36 curves in Fastrack. It would seem to me that very few engines would run on 024, when the narrowest track/radius I have seen is 027.  Where exacly would one find 36-24-36 curves? Please let me know.

You also seem to approach things like a lawyer who lives in upper Westchester County, New York, like in the Yorktown Heights area would be my guess.

Erol

My apologies for such a late reply. I enjoyed this thread, so at least wanted to add something to it, though.

My temporary apartment layout is approximately 6 x 8.5, so 031 curves work great at providing more running opportunities. It also helps that I only run postwar equipment. The switches, minus the four 060 Fastrack ones connecting the two loops, are 042 manual, so the 031 curves are a perfect match. I can run two trains simultaneously, while having two others parked in separate tracks.

Once I go to a permanent layout, I see myself sticking with 031 curves throughout the yard and sidings and maybe even some of the through tracks. Below are two images showing the layout and usage of 031 curves. Great thread! image0image0_1

Attachments

Images (2)
  • image0
  • image0_1
@STLLINES posted:

My apologies for such a late reply. I enjoyed this thread, so at least wanted to add something to it, though.

My temporary apartment layout is approximately 6 x 8.5, so 031 curves work great at providing more running opportunities. It also helps that I only run postwar equipment. The switches, minus the four 060 Fastrack ones connecting the two loops, are 042 manual, so the 031 curves are a perfect match. I can run two trains simultaneously, while having two others parked in separate tracks.

Once I go to a permanent layout, I see myself sticking with 031 curves throughout the yard and sidings and maybe even some of the through tracks. Below are two images showing the layout and usage of 031 curves. Great thread! image0image0_1

Looks to me, STLLINES, that you are building a masterpiece that will become a Postwar Paradise.

Thanks for sharing.

Arnold

@locolawyer posted:

In one of your posts above, you make reference to 36-24-36 curves. While Lionel Fastrack comes in 036 curves, I am not familiar with 36-24-36 curves in Fastrack. It would seem to me that very few engines would run on 024, when the narrowest track/radius I have seen is 027.  Where exacly would one find 36-24-36 curves? Please let me know.

Erol, it's hard to believe you didn't recognize those numbers.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.