Skip to main content

Now is the time to save BIG on Train Stuff from Menards during our 11% rebate sale! Most of our train products are only available online but you can still get a rebate for them!

If you aren’t familiar with our rebate program, here’s how it works:

1. Make a purchase from any Menards store or www.menards.com
  2. Pick up a rebate redemption certificate or print one at the menards.com rebate center 
  3. Mail in the certificate along with the rebate receipt. For online purchases, this can be found as a PDF attached to your order confirmation email.
  4. Receive your Menards merchandise credit check in the mail (Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing)

Merchandise credit checks can be used in any of our stores. They are not usable online but we don’t mind if you trade, sell or transfer them. If you don’t live near any of our stores, stop in and visit us when you visit in the midwest! MCC’s never expire or lose their value, so collect them as long as you like and redeem them when you can!

Click here to shop now!

_Collectables Banner 04.12

In case you missed it, here is this week’s email! If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,

Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 11% Banner
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

First of all I really like your products and I think you folks are doing a great job for the hobby, but, with all due respect I don't think it's a good concept especially for the people on the East or West coast. The rebate certificates are meaningless to the folks who are out of your area, I don't think there are many hobbyests that would waste time and added expense to trade them with their friends in fly-over country. I think you should think about coming up with a better idea, maybe something like free shipping, or another idea is , you could get a space at York and sell a ton of stuff!

Originally Posted by MIKATT1:

First of all I really like your products and I think you folks are doing a great job for the hobby, but, with all due respect I don't think it's a good concept especially for the people on the East or West coast. The rebate certificates are meaningless to the folks who are out of your area, I don't think there are many hobbyests that would waste time and added expense to trade them with their friends in fly-over country. I think you should think about coming up with a better idea, maybe something like free shipping, or another idea is , you could get a space at York and sell a ton of stuff!

Please remember that Menard's is not a train company.  It is first and foremost, a home improvement center.  These 11% rebates are for the 99.9% of their business that is not train related and mostly in-purchase sales.  The fact that you can ALSO get this 11% rebate on train items is just a bonus for those lucky enough to live near one to make the rebates worthwhile.

And even without the rebates, items go on sale from time to time.  And even without that, the normal prices are great enough as they are.  So I understand your point, but I really don't think Menards deserves any complaints in this department.  They are doing wonders for the hobby as is.

I have to agree with MIKATT1 as far as the rebates only being effectively available to people who live near a Menards retail location.  Either make the rebates available for online sales or only promote the rebates in those areas where there are Menards locations.  Even without the rebate, Menards is offering great deals on train items.  I have purchased 2 buildings and plan to purchase more.

I have sent critical feedback to one of the OGR sponsors who periodically holds in-store only sales, but promotes these sales using their mailing list.  I know their mailing list goes to customers throughout the US and probably many other countries.  If you are going to make the sale available only in-store, then please only promote it to your local customers.

I anticipate that some of you may reply that some customers may be traveling to the area where the retailer is located and could take advantage of the sale.  I suspect that those folks would probably already be planning to visit the retailer when traveling to that area.  IMHO promoting in-store only sales/rebates to many customers who cannot take advantage of the savings of these sales/rebates can promote ill-will.  Nobody wants to be denied the ability to get a good deal that other customers can get.

Personally, with the new product coming out, almost weekly, and reasonable prices. The rebate or my lack to be able to use them because I live to far, is the least of my worries, or complaints. Menards is doing a heck of a good job which will do nothing less then promote the Hobby to those with limited available funds and expand their roster. Their buildings are on par with the best.

My only complaint is that no new buildings came out on my Birthday this past week. New buildings also means expansion of my layout.

Kudos Menard's.

In another thread, currently on this forum titled "How do you determine who gets your business" there are a lot of answers.  Menards here, certainly got my attention, and will probably get some of my business as a result of their great offer.  While sales and discount offers are not rare, an 11% rebate for store credit, that never expires is certainly an incentive for me to make a purchase.  Thanks Menards.

Last edited by Bob Severin

I have to agree with the folks that see this as icing on the cake.  The 11% rebate is intended for the vast majority of Menards customers that likely don't even know they have train products.  Also I feel that in the original post they wen't out of the way to say that you can sell/transfer the rebates if you do not have a store near you to make use of them. I think this is a great business model, and will be out at the "Local" store for plenty of bathroom remodel stuffs in the near future.  I can see the merit of offering the use of the rebates online, and maybe this will come in time.  

Always aggravates me when you offer someone free stuff and they say "nah, I want better free stuff"  

Originally Posted by JC642:

I have a Menard's 10 minutes from my house but I have to pass a Lowe's, Home Depot, a mega Ollie's Outlet and a giant Harbor Freight to get there..

Something about Menards I like because for me its worth the effort.

Joe

Wow Joe, this trip sounds like the golden mile of home handymen everywhere!  

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.