Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well... I picked up on what Brent did - Miller Engineering makes a Life Savers sign and it's supposed to be their new whiz-bang thing because it's a three dimensional sign (the candy roll sticks out), rather than their typical flat sign.  Since Menards already uses either Miller Engineering signs or their designs (case in point the Morton Salt Factory) and Menards is cutting edge, I am guessing and hoping for a building incorporating this Life Savers sign.  What would be awesome would be a Life Savers factory with a candy roll colored storage tank outside and maybe some matching candy roll colored tank cars to go with it (again, thinking of the Morton Salt Factory).  I have absolutely zero room on my layout, but if Menards did this, then I'd have to buy it and put some common MTH structures in storage!

One can only hope...  

Kirk B posted:

Well... I picked up on what Brent did - Miller Engineering makes a Life Savers sign and it's supposed to be their new whiz-bang thing because it's a three dimensional sign (the candy roll sticks out), rather than their typical flat sign.  Since Menards already uses either Miller Engineering signs or their designs (case in point the Morton Salt Factory) and Menards is cutting edge, I am guessing and hoping for a building incorporating this Life Savers sign.  What would be awesome would be a Life Savers factory with a candy roll colored storage tank outside and maybe some matching candy roll colored tank cars to go with it (again, thinking of the Morton Salt Factory).  I have absolutely zero room on my layout, but if Menards did this, then I'd have to buy it and put some common MTH structures in storage!

One can only hope...  

How about a candy roll dispenser building that loads a dump car or gondola or whatever?

Great guess frizzinbee!

Introducing the 14-3/4” Coast Guard flatcar with helicopter!

With a longer body and a real wood composite deck, this flatcar is bigger and better than ever! This super-low U.S. Coast Guard Flatcar features die-cast couplers with fully sprung trucks and a swing-type drawbar. Plus, each flatcar includes pad-printed logos from the U.S. Coast Guard. Riding atop this flatcar is a beautifully adorned die-cast Helicopter with opening doors. The blades are also collapsible, so this car can navigate passageways.  

Single (279-3396) Shop Now!

4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-3397) Shop Now!

Plus, now through 6/5/17, get a FREE Flatcar with Army Van with the purchase any O gauge train item $19.99 or higher!

Shop now!

Our email blast will be sending out later today. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Menards posted:

Great guess frizzinbee!

Introducing the 14-3/4” Coast Guard flatcar with helicopter!

This super-low U.S. Coast Guard Flatcar features die-cast couplers with fully sprung trucks and a swing-type drawbar.  Plus, each flatcar includes pad-printed logos from the U.S. Coast Guard. Riding atop this flatcar is a beautifully adorned die-cast Helicopter with opening doors. Thank you,  Mark the Menards Train Guy

Looks great, Mark!  Just a suggestion/request that you make these new product announcements in completely new threads... not at the end of a days-old, mile-long one like this.   

I put the helicopters on our club layout tonight. I have to reiterate, very nice looking helicopters. A package of deck stakes are in the package but I did not install them.

All the trucks were wobbly but they attached with a Philips head screw into a recessed hex nut. I  tightened

them and were fine. A few wheels had slight wobbles. The rotating bearing caps come off easily. Several were  in the package. I do not think I lost any.

20170524_210202 [1)

20170524_210208    

Attachments

Images (2)
  • 20170524_210202 (1)
  • 20170524_210208
Last edited by DMASSO
DMASSO posted:

I put the helicopters on our club layout tonight. I have to reiterate, very nice looking helicopters. A package of deck stakes are in the package but I did not install them.

All the trucks were wobbly but they attached with a Philips head screw into a recessed hex nut. I  tightened

them and were fine. A few wheels had slight wobbles. The rotating bearing caps come off easily. Several were  in the package. I do not think I lost any.

20170524_210202 [1)

20170524_210208    

Just to confirm, the trucks on these are attached via screws, not E-clips and can be easily removed if needed?

DMASSO posted:

Just got my jeeps. Box had no packing like they usually do. One jeep had a broken windshield and another car lost it's ammo load. I have not opened anything to check the wheels. Sent off an email.

DMASSO,

Thanks for letting me know. I'm sure you will hear back today from customer service.

Sorry for the headache!

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.