Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

So much $$$$ they can make just about anything (anybody) possible(content) off of a basic platform , modular. Very well thought out , similar to all o gauge cars & accessories t. They fill a need ( desire) and fill it, bully  for them.  I just wish their car would stay on 072 track without derailing and uncoupling, but what do I  expect for $ 19.99.. .. MORE FROM MENARDS.

Introducing One Police Plaza!

One Police Plaza is prebuilt, prelit and ready to protect and serve your train layout! This brick-clad municipal building features an animated helicopter with rotating rotor blades! Underneath the helicopter lies a helipad with blinking red and white LED lights that are sure to catch anyone’s eye. And, completing the rooftop scene are two police officers and four red LED lights in the corners of the roof.

The ground level is also alive with excitement and prelit from above by 16 LED lights. The sidewalk is populated by four police officers and Jack the German Shepherd, who is currently in training to become the newest member of the force. Additional details include columns, planters and greenery to complement this impressive building!

Click here to see more!

Don’t forget the FREE Morton Salt box truck promotion ends Saturday!

Buy any O gauge train item $19.99 or higher and get a free 1:48 scale Morton Salt Box Truck!

IMPORTANT: You MUST add (1) Morton Salt Box Truck (SKU# 279-4456) to your shopping cart for every qualifying train item you wish to purchase. The free box truck price will be subtracted as part of the checkout process.

Shop Now!

In case you missed it, I've attached today's train email below.

If you want to receive these special offers and new product announcements, click here!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Last edited by Menards

I AM GOING TO BUY ONE OF THESE. However, (you knew that was coming) better mullions than on the other buildings without mullions but you should have lined up the mullions with the columns below and then added a mullion in-between.  the columns will be running up to the top of the building so having a mullion at the column is a cleaner design and helps with the interior spaces. 

Menards should consider asking an architect or structural engineer to give a view of the buildings. There are plenty of us on the Forum who would do this for FREE.

Otherwise, I think as much as I like local law officers they dont deserve a whole dedicated building on my layout. I will modify this as a city civic center with a police station at the bottom floor.  I will keep the helicopter though.

prrhorseshoecurve posted:

Look people, when you see black choppers, it's NOT good news. Black ops works in the shadows and at night.

Eventually the operation may or may not prevail but something does come out of it... Think apprehension of Osama Bin Hiding! 

I agree, it is always for the benefit of the country, at least the law enforcement side, even when we do not agree we have to follow the chain of command, there is a reason. ( I can neither confirm or deny the existence of black helicopters and other really cool stuff.)  

OK, I am in for this one.  I will have to do a Tim the Toolman upgrade on the rotor motor, Maybe a dremel motor , we need a good one with 0 to 10,000 RPMs in .000075 of a second, that bird will fly building and all. Do you think the warranty will be ok? 

Last edited by John Pignatelli JR.

I like the look of both this and the fire station.  Both are straight out of some of the late 60s, early 70s TV shows.  It's an era that is not usually modeled.  And they work in more modern layouts too as buildings that have not been modernized.  I had thought of the hospital idea earlier, but not the TV station.  Add some antennas to the top and you have a TV station.  

Last edited by towdog
AGHRMatt posted:
Menards posted:

See it in action!

The video is currently loading on our website, but above is a link on my YouTube page.

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Very nice, but where's the doughnut shop/counter?

Yes! In Clare, MI there is a shop called Cops & Doughnuts. Several members of the Clare police dept own it.

I'd like to see a doughnut shop as well.

I like this new public safety building. Nice job Mark!

Ken

paul 2 posted:

Congrats to Mark and the Menards team. Another in the growing list of home runs. If you want something different Menards comes up with it. Sitting down for the next one is the better option. Paul

I agree that Menards has a couple of home runs but we're the home team and it's the bottom of the 9th with bases loaded and we're down by 3 runs with two out.  Now's the time for a GRAND SLAM -  a BREWERY!!!!!

Last edited by wild mary

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.