Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

While you guys are on the Menard's topic, I have a little story to tell ya.  I am a procrastinator by nature and, ultimately, it ends up costing me more money than if I would've "pulled the trigger" when the item is readily available.  Enter Menard's Camaraderie Bar and Grill (Officially Out Of Stock, Discontinued and Not Available On Line).  I finally found one close enough to my home, (I live in Parma, OH and the Menard's that had the Camaraderie Bar and Grill is in Findlay, OH) so Monday was "Road Trip Day".  Tell ya what, it was a fun day, but from now on I'll make the purchase so that UPS does the driving, (roughly 220 miles round trip) so I don't have to.  Further, those who purchased this Awesome Building and opined of its quality and detail were Spot On!  I just love the beer sign.  Is this one from Miller Engineering?  It is definitely worth the asking price.  IIRC there is a kit available that resembles this building pretty closely and it is much more expensive and it still has to be built.  I guess I've just become the newest member of the Menard's Fan Club!

Chief Bob (Retired)

Last edited by PUFFRBELLY
Originally Posted by John Pignatelli JR.:

Looking at their website I noticed a flat with a Army 2.5 truck and trailer, my question is are they scale? they are made of resin so if they are casted from a RTV mold I am assuming I would think they should have done it scale to capture that market also.

If it is scale I am in for a few. 

The flat looks good also.

John P

they are scale, Lee Willis has posted something a few weeks ago.

Introducing the prebuilt and prelit Chicago and North Western Locomotive Maintenance Shed! This beautiful building is constructed of wood and resin and is designed to allow your O gauge trains to pull into or through for service. It features hand-painted details as well as a lighted "Chicago and North Western" sign that offers multiple unique lighting patterns. A few of the many details included with this building are two workers, two trees, three shrubs, four working doors, and Jack the German Shepherd. The exterior is illuminated by two LED yard lights and the interior is lit by six LED lights.

Click here to see more

279-2675 A

279-2675 B

In case you missed it, this week's email is attached below! If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Images (2)
  • 279-2675 A
  • 279-2675 B
Files (1)
Last edited by Menards

Just picked up my C&NW engine shed from my home store. I would post pictures but my cell phone pictures will not do justice compared to the photos Mark posted. Looks as it should, very nice. I now have both this one and the Milwukee Road engine shed. I do S gauge but could not resist either one of these sheds.  They are not to bad after I pull the people off, they fit in with the s gauge trains well.  This is my 4th menards building and I am enjoying watching them expand their train offerings even though I'm not in O gauge. 

edit...I added a pic, as you can see.  

Ben

Attachments

Images (1)
Last edited by NotInWI
Originally Posted by Tim Lewis:
Originally Posted by John Pignatelli JR.:

Looking at their website I noticed a flat with a Army 2.5 truck and trailer, my question is are they scale? they are made of resin so if they are casted from a RTV mold I am assuming I would think they should have done it scale to capture that market also.

If it is scale I am in for a few. 

The flat looks good also.

John P

they are scale, Lee Willis has posted something a few weeks ago.

Thanks Tim. I am going to order the flat.

John

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.