Skip to main content

A train layout is not complete without bridges. Check these out!

Cross a river or canyon with this 24'' Train Bridge! A beautiful replica of a genuine truss bridge, this structure reflects the industrious nature of the late 1800s. Plus, bridges like this can still be seen throughout America today.

This bridge is so detailed that you won’t believe your eyes! Featuring 3-ply wood construction and a metal deck, this bridge offers intricate design details without sacrificing strength. In fact, the metal deck is strong enough to span a 24” gap yet thin enough to sit flat on any existing layout. And, due to its modest price tag, it is easier than ever to link several bridges together to create an impressive bridge arrangement!

Single Track (279-4030) Shop Now!
- 24"L x 5"W x 9-1/2"H
- Clearance of 7"H x 4"W

Dual Track (279-4031) Shop Now!
24"L x 8-7/8"W x 9-1/2"H
- Clearance of 7"H x 8"W

Look for today’s Menards Train email in your inbox this afternoon. In case you miss it, I’ve attached it below. If you'd like to sign up for our train emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Last edited by Menards
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

bigtruckpete posted:

Looks great! What is the height of the opening from metal base to bottom of the cross beam? 

Trying to figure out what cars may fit. Thanks!!

Good question! The clearance is a tad over 7". I will add that info to my post above.

Thanks!
-Mark the Menards Train Guy

play trains posted:

Great offering and a great price, as always! My question is will it accommodate Real Track and Fast Track? Actually I'm just as excited about the Army Caboose that Eagle Eye Matt spotted in the tunnel! LOL

play trains,

The interior width of these bridges are 4" and 8" respectively. FasTrack is about 3-3/4" wide, so it will fit great!

Menards posted:
play trains posted:

Great offering and a great price, as always! My question is will it accommodate Real Track and Fast Track? Actually I'm just as excited about the Army Caboose that Eagle Eye Matt spotted in the tunnel! LOL

play trains,

The interior width of these bridges are 4" and 8" respectively. FasTrack is about 3-3/4" wide, so it will fit great!

They also sound tall enough as opposed to the ones Lionel sells.

TexasSP posted:

Wow those are fantastic looking bridges, some of the best detailed especially at that price point!

Can you provide the height between the deck and lowest entry point of the bridge?

Thanks TexasSP!

The clearance is a tad over 7". I hope that helps!

Dominic Mazoch posted:

That might be high enough to run my EF4 with pans up.  OK, not SP but the thing is painted ORANGE.  (The motor, not the bridge.)

BTW SP did have some truss bridge painted silver/aluminium.  Maybe the next run?

Looks like it'd be easy to spray any color you want.....and maybe weathered some.....

paul 2 posted:

Outside the box just became much bigger. Great job Mark and crew (and BOB). Mark is it possible to show more of that layout so we could catch a glimpse of future items coming out down the road..............Paul

Paul,

I'm sure there will be more videos to come but I'm not sure when.

jim pastorius posted:

Nice bridges.  The double track one would work for Standard gauge. Too bad I have a carpet layout but might get one anyways.

Go for it Jim.  A bridge is good on a carpet layout.  Always remember, these are toy trains and real railroads don't run on carpet anyway.  So, buy the bridge, use your imagination, and have fun with it.  Without the fun, what have we?  

Last edited by Bob Severin

Ordered one for my grandson's birthday coming up soon.  Then thought about it and ordered two - one for me and one for him (got to have something to play with when he visits).  And just for good measure added a WP feather box car - just because I like the look of it.  The 11% rebate was just icing on the cake.

The Menards Train Guy

Mark

Don't know what your day to day job at Menards is but the part of it that has to due with trains and your interaction with your "Loyal" costumer base certainly has to be a lot of fun.  The "other" train guys surely have taken notice.  I have found myself buying stuff I don't even need simply because I am having fun, and that takes some doing.  My plan is to give away trains to younger kids to introduce them to the greatest hobby in the world and I have found that to be a lot of fun.       

Bill_R posted:

The Menards Train Guy

Mark

Don't know what your day to day job at Menards is but the part of it that has to due with trains and your interaction with your "Loyal" costumer base certainly has to be a lot of fun.  The "other" train guys surely have taken notice.  I have found myself buying stuff I don't even need simply because I am having fun, and that takes some doing.  My plan is to give away trains to younger kids to introduce them to the greatest hobby in the world and I have found that to be a lot of fun.       

Bill,

We may not always have "scale" offerings and some of the things we produce are highly fantastical but we are having a TON OF FUN coming up with new stuff!

I'm glad you plan to share the hobby with kids! They are key to the future of this great hobby.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.