Skip to main content

Menards posted:
hokie71 posted:

Thanks Bob, I wondered, same problem on the Kindle.

Yeah, Photobucket wants me to pay $400 (per year) so I can use their service. Needless to say, I'm working on a solution.

Have a great weekend!
-Mark the Menards Train Guy

FOTKI is easy to use.....TONS of storage.....pretty cheap by the price you quoted......

With this double stack car still garnering praises as well it should it is one nice car I wonder, today is Monday meaning tomorrow is Tuesday. And being  that it is the fourth of July I wonder if Mark and the boys will bring out another little goodie. Maybe in the good old red, white and blue paint scheme. Waiting patiently............Everybody have a great fourth of July ...........................Paul

MG Brown posted:

I picked up my well car with double stack container today- wow is this a BIG unit.

Not sure what to do about the 'chrome' parts... they at the very least need some toning down to make them more realistic. Any suggestions?

A small paint brush and some flat yellow hobby paint???  Either Testors or Tamiya.....

banjoflyer posted:

The new 20' containers are a bit taller than the original 40' container. When the well car is riding on Lionel Fastrack laid on a Lionel 317 bridge a load of 2 20' containers with a 40' container on top will clear the 5.5" bridge height clearance.

But if you double stack the 20' containers like this:

You'll have problems with clearance. The load is about 1/8" too tall to clear a 317 Lionel bridge laid with Fastrack.

So a word of caution...measure first...run second! Don't ask me how I know this! 

Mark

The 20-footers are never loaded like this in real life, so this may be a moot point.

---PCJ

I got my first Menards intermodal car yesterday for Christmas. Great looking car BUT,,,,,,,,,, It will not go around my Marx 34" half curve without hitting my IR signal trigger. It hits my tunnel opening and will not clear my Lionel 315 Truss Bridge with light. My Lionel intermodal car must be semi scale?

Last edited by KRM

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.