Skip to main content

Add some color to your shipping yard!

Available in a set of three colors, these containers are decorated with authentic graphics from the Evergreen, K-Line and Hanjin shipping companies. Place them anywhere in your layout, or stack and transport them to their destination using an intermodal train car. Each set even includes eight pins for simple stacking! Dimensions: 4-3/4"L x 2"H x 2"W

Single (279-3677) Shop Now!

4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-3678) Shop Now!

Don’t forget, we have the perfect Intermodal Car!

Single (279-3688) Shop Now!

4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-3689) Shop Now! 

Plus, now through July 10th, get a FREE Union Pacific Box Truck!

IMPORTANT: You MUST add (1) Union Pacific Box Truck (SKU# 279-3839) to your shopping cart for every qualifying train item you wish to purchase. The free box truck price will be subtracted as part of the checkout process.

Shop now!

Today’s email will be sending out later today. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Last edited by Menards
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mark!  You are a sneaky sneakerson!  I distinctly remember you saying something like "well, maybe Menards will make additional containers if interest is there, but don't ever count on it and I'm just speculating cause I don't really know what they will do, blah blah blah blah. . . "  I'm pretty sure that's an exact quote.

Basil posted:

Mark!  You are a sneaky sneakerson!  I distinctly remember you saying something like "well, maybe Menards will make additional containers if interest is there, but don't ever count on it and I'm just speculating cause I don't really know what they will do, blah blah blah blah. . . "  I'm pretty sure that's an exact quote.

Basil,

If I recall correctly, that conversation was in regards to to 40' containers. Even so,  I'm sorry for being sneaky!

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Last edited by Menards
Swafford posted:

Just wondering....................so (2) of these containers will fit on top of (1) Yang Ming container? 

Regards,Swafford

Swafford,

I can confirm that there are no holes in the middle of the 40' Yang Ming container (top or bottom) but it would be easy to drill a couple small holes in the top of the container if a person wanted to stack the 20' containers on top. OR, a couple pieces of double sided tape would be just as effective.

Here is a photo of the 40' container stacked above the two 20' containers. I did not put pegs in the middle (pegs only in the outside holes) and it rides around the track just fine.

IMG_1215

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_1215
paul 2 posted:

Mark, do the twenty foot containers have numbers on them and if so are they like the cars no two numbers the same. Thanks Paul

Paul,

The three container styles are numbered differently but all K-Line containers have the same number, all Evergreen have a different number, and all Hanjin have another number. 

Question about Mernards shipping?  If you are shipping to home (not store) is there more than one option?  I ordered the double stack cars on 6/30 and got a shipping notice that day, but the package didn't get to FedEx until 7/3.  It's been on the slowest journey ever just getting to NJ today, and even though it's a mere 20 minutes from my house still has a pending deliver date of 7/11.  I don't recall my previous orders taking this long.  Did I pick a cheaper (thus slower) delivery option.  Just curious, they'll get here when they get here, but with these 20' containers I'm anxious to see the cars.

Mark please give us some scale tractor and indermodal trailed frames next.  I promise to buy many of them! 

I posted this in the wrong place a few minutes ago.  Now that we have these cool containers, may we get something to load and unload these containers.  A tractor similar to a Joal 151 or a Maxi-stack crane that can be operated manually.  It would be great if this would work with all brands of containers.  I would take 2 of them.  Thanks  LOCOMOTION 

Bossman284 posted:

Question about Mernards shipping?  If you are shipping to home (not store) is there more than one option?  I ordered the double stack cars on 6/30 and got a shipping notice that day, but the package didn't get to FedEx until 7/3.  It's been on the slowest journey ever just getting to NJ today, and even though it's a mere 20 minutes from my house still has a pending deliver date of 7/11.  I don't recall my previous orders taking this long.  Did I pick a cheaper (thus slower) delivery option.  Just curious, they'll get here when they get here, but with these 20' containers I'm anxious to see the cars.

Mark please give us some scale tractor and indermodal trailed frames next.  I promise to buy many of them! 

Bossman284,

My only guess is that the weekend and holiday slowed things down. Again that is just a guess.

I can't tell you for sure if this is the case, but a lot of times the cheapest shipping option is FedEx Smartpost. That means FedEx will take the package most of the way but it's up to your post office to drop off the package to your home.

Menards posted:
Swafford posted:

Just wondering....................so (2) of these containers will fit on top of (1) Yang Ming container? 

Regards,Swafford

Swafford,

I can confirm that there are no holes in the middle of the 40' Yang Ming container (top or bottom) but it would be easy to drill a couple small holes in the top of the container if a person wanted to stack the 20' containers on top. OR, a couple pieces of double sided tape would be just as effective.

Here is a photo of the 40' container stacked above the two 20' containers. I did not put pegs in the middle (pegs only in the outside holes) and it rides around the track just fine.

IMG_1215

So now I just need another 10' to build an inter-modal transfer yard.

RSJB18 posted:
Menards posted:
Swafford posted:

Regards,Swafford

Swafford,

IMG_1215

So now I just need another 10' to build an inter-modal transfer yard.

Yeah, this is just an underhanded trick to get us to expand our layouts! 

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.