Skip to main content

This is fantastic!  I might just spring for one even though I have MTH engines and DCS, would be a unique shelf queen.

I am assuming this is an RF linked engine that can run on the DCS 18V rails (I know the DCS won't control engine but the rail voltage will be there though you can dial  down TIU voltage in another mode)

BUT being a negative Nancy, who will repair these when they break, and future replacement supply parts? (think how hard its been to get parts for some Lionel and MTH accessories years later)

RTR sets are getting pricey and make it harder for parents to add one when other toys are more affordable on many budgets. Menards has always been a leader in making toys for a great price, kind of like Marx in the 50's.

I hope the tests are very favorable and any bugs get worked out for future production runs.

From the looks of the remote, it's probably similar to LionChief. The major difference is that on the lowest end LionChief there is no volume control and the horn and whistle buttons are reversed.

The lowest end Lionel sets can be run on AC or DC, although I am not sure any are dual-motored so the power transistors may need to be rated for more current.

I missed getting one, so I'll have to wait until someone gets their hands on one to check the frequencies and possibly the FCC ID number on the handheld.

@Ron_S posted:

RTR sets are getting pricey and make it harder for parents to add one when other toys are more affordable on many budgets. Menards has always been a leader in making toys for a great price, kind of like Marx in the 50's.

I hope the tests are very favorable and any bugs get worked out for future production runs.

Ron - I have one on the way.  I will have to find a day to swing by the P and P to see how it works with the multitude of command signals in the layout building between the various clubs.  My order said to expect delivery around the 17th.  We shall see?

Got an order in. I am a tinplate guy, so this is not my cup of tea, but I think it will get some great use on the club meet table layout.

I am jealous that things like this are available to you, and at the same time amazed at the non stop complaining about what is missing from an entry level item. Everything that some you want added runs up the price in one way or another.

If this works, and I suspect it will. think of the nice under $300 starter sets that can be put out, or assembled from individual items.

thanks Menards

Steve

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.