Skip to main content

Introducing our newest military boxcar with beautiful nose art graphics – The Diabolical Angel!

279-3991

Honor America’s armed services, past and present, with this Diabolical Angel Commemorative Boxcar! Meticulously detailed, this boxcar features iconic nose art that adorned bomber planes throughout WWII. This boxcar is painted in olive green and features realistic details, including sliding doors, a chassis with premium metal trucks and operating couplers. Each boxcar contains a “peel-back” graphic that provides a glimpse of what’s inside.

Single (279-3991) Shop Now!

4-Piece Dealer Pack (279-3992) Shop Now!

Today’s email will be sending out later today but I’ve also attached it below. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Images (2)
  • 279-3991
  • 2017.07.19 Diabolical Angel
Last edited by Menards
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

When these car first came out I paid very little attention to them.  I'm not a fan of fantasy or themed rolling stock.  When I looked at the Diabolical Angel nose art car I realized that there weren't just another box car or just another car to add to my military train but a tribute to the bombers and crew of WW2.  After researching each of the Menards nose art cars there's nothing fantasy at all about them.  Here's Menards tribute to date.

Rosie the Riveter - B-17 Bomber.

Memphis Belle - B-17 Bomber

Liberty Bell - B-17 Bomber

Yankee Lady - B-17 Bomber

Aluminum Overcast - B-17 Bomber

D-Day Doll - B-17 Bomber

Take-Off Time - B-25 Bomber

Diabolical Angel - B-17 Bomber.

Thank you Menards for these offerings,  I'm ordering one of each to be prominently displayed and run on special occasions.          

wild mary posted:

When these car first came out I paid very little attention to them.  I'm not a fan of fantasy or themed rolling stock.  When I looked at the Diabolical Angel nose art car I realized that there weren't just another box car or just another car to add to my military train but a tribute to the bombers and crew of WW2.  After researching each of the Menards nose art cars there's nothing fantasy at all about them.  Here's Menards tribute to date.

D-Day Doll - B-17 Bomber

Thank you Menards for these offerings,  I'm ordering one of each to be prominently displayed and run on special occasions.          

Don't forget the Old Crow Express. https://www.menards.com/main/h...;bargainStoreId=3016

jini5 posted:

So how many nose art cars are there now? Any of them sold out?

jini5,

The list above is accurate (thanks wild mary and milnyc!).

These are available online in a 6-pack.
Rosie the Riveter
Memphis Belle
Liberty Bell
Yankee Lady
Aluminum Overcast
D-Day Doll

*These are also available individually in some of our stores but it's luck of the draw which stores have some (or any) of these left.

These are available online individually.
Take-Off Time
Old Crow Express
Diabolical Angel

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

milnyc posted:
wild mary posted:

D-Day Doll - B-17 Bomber

Don't forget the Old Crow Express. https://www.menards.com/main/h...;bargainStoreId=3016

WOW, missed that on.  The Old Crow Express was a B-52G Stratofortress and flew 55 missions.

old_crow_express_3.

old_crow_express_2

Attachments

Images (2)
  • old_crow_express_3
  • old_crow_express_2
Last edited by wild mary

Happy Friday!

279-3101A

I just wanted to let everyone know that our first set of 6  WWII commemorative boxcars have been very popular and supplies are becoming quite limited. We don't plan to reissue these boxcars, so order your set before we run out! 

Each 6-piece set includes one of each of the following WWII nose are boxcars:

Rosie the Riveter
Memphis Belle
Liberty Bell
Yankee Lady
Aluminum Overcast
D-Day Doll

Shop Now!

Have a great weekend!
-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 279-3101A
Last edited by Menards
cabinet Bob posted:

20170721_144708This new helicopter from Menards would look great too on a flatcar 20170721_143529

This model appears to be based on the H145M produced by Eurocopter, which is an updated version of the EC145.  The currently deployed US Army UH-72A Lokata is based on the EC145.    A major visual difference of the H145M from the EC145 is a fenestron shrouded tail rotor replacing a conventionally configured one.  I have not seen anything yet about the current  UH-72A Lokata being ultimately replaced by this newer version.

I agree it would make a great flatcar load.

Last edited by J Hartley CAE

PLAY TRAINS, I happened to come across a Pinterest e-mail concerning nose art and did a bit of searching on the internet. There may be a picture of the nose art that is similar to the one that your Dad may have had on his plane. This one is called "Full-Boost" though and it was on a B24J. Here is the site since the nose art painting may be more than PG....  :-).     http://www.461st.org/Aircraft/...6th%20Nose%20Art.htm  You will have to scroll down about half way on the page to see the particular plane. You can actually check the Roster for this plane to see if this happened to be the bomber your Dad flew for any missions. 

Here is the Pinterest site for many other nose art depictions: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/...=1&utm_medium=20

Rick

Last edited by Ranger Rick

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.