Skip to main content

Introducing the Santa Fe Shock Control Boxcar! This Santa Fe boxcar features premium metal trucks and operating couplers. Each car is finely detailed and sequentially numbered so that no two are the same! The box of this car is red with black ends and a black roof. This boxcar has sliding doors and detailed logos from the Santa Fe railroad. SKU# 279-2631

Click here to see more!

279-2631 A

279-2631 B

We are also proud to introduce the Canadian National Boxcar! This Canadian National boxcar features premium metal trucks and operating couplers. Each car is finely detailed and sequentially numbered so that no two are the same! The box of this car is brown with gold sliding doors and detailed logos from the Canadian National railroad. SKU# 279-2633

Click here to see more!

279-2633 A

279-2633 B

In case you missed it, this week’s email is attached below. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,

Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Images (4)
  • 279-2631 A
  • 279-2631 B
  • 279-2633 A
  • 279-2633 B
Files (1)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by Bill Webb:

Mark they look great. Will probably order one of each.

Please do some Norfolk and Western and/or Norfolk Southern. We will buy a bunch. Better yet, open a store in S.E. Virginia; Ohio is too far.

I'm patiently waiting for Norfolk Southern cars to make my first rolling stock purchase from Menards.  I already have several Menards buildings.

My question is the same as scale rail's: Are these "O-27" 6464-size, or O Scale? They're shown as 3.25" high. If that measurement is standing on a table, from the bottom of the flanges to the top of the walkway on top, then they're O-27. (My scale boxcars are 3.75" for the same measurement.)
   Bob A.

Originally Posted by scale rail:

Don't know much about Manards. Are these cars about the size of the old 6464 box cars? Do they have plastic bodies? Thanks Don

Originally Posted by scale rail:

Don't know much about Manards. Are these cars about the size of the old 6464 box cars? Do they have plastic bodies? Thanks Don

They are larger than Lionel's 6464 boxcars, about the same size as MTH Railking boxcars. They have plastic bodies and pressed steel under carriage. Very nice for the price, best deal currently in the O Gauge hobby.

Bill T.

Posted by: Gunrunnerjohn        
          July 25, 2015 3:14 PM

The Menards cars are exactly the size of a scale 40' boxcar, the only difference is the width is about 3/32 narrower.  If you have a scale boxcar, put it behind and you'll see what it looks like.  I also like the Menards cars are closer coupled than others, makes them look even better in a string.

I posted a review of the Menards cars not long ago.

Review: Menards Reading Boxcars

Originally Posted by play trains:
Mark, really like all the boxcars, but in love with the buildings!! Another building soon I hope!

Y'know, I'll bet you a Coke that we'll see some more buildings as we get closer to Christmas.  More folks wanting to create "villages" around their trees etc.  Plus, some of those buildings are packed in pretty large boxes.  I'm sure they'd like to see quick turnaround on them.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.