Skip to main content

Happy Tuesday!

I know some of you got a glimpse of this beauty at the Train Expo, but now THEY HAVE ARRIVED!

Take your layout into outer space with this "O scale" UFO!

Prebuilt, prelit and ready to go! This diorama is full of whimsical details and highlighted by an animated UFO, complete with motor-driven tractor beam! Prelit with multi-colored LED lights inside and out, the UFO flashes and blinks! It even has a tractor beam that raises and lowers as it attempts to pick up a Holstein cow.

Locked in a stalemate with the Martian "steak-taker", a farmer desperately tries to save his favorite cow from abduction, while Jack the German Shepherd ferociously fends off the approaching aliens. Additional figures include three cows (four total) and three aliens. This fantastical scene comes complete with a fully landscaped base with grass, a shed, five trees and three round hay bales.

Click here to see more!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Last edited by Menards
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

EnRouteCODE3 posted:

I love the scene, and the animation. I just don’t get why the ufo would have corny logos and slogans printed on it. Kind of ruins it for me. Should have left off the slogans for a more realistic ufo. 

haha so what does a realistic ufo look like? Do aliens even like steak? Could a farmer really stand a chance pulling against alien levitation technology? I doubt the aliens would have been able to sneak onto that farm with that German Shepard, they probably would have gone on to an easier target. Maybe the aliens are really after milk since it’s a dairy cow?  

Sorry to poke fun, and please know it’s light hearted. Don’t let the decals hold you back. You could easily remove or paint over them if you would like. 

Thanks Menards for disrupting the industry and making fun accessories for fun’s sake. 

EnRouteCODE3 posted:

I love the scene, and the animation. I just don’t get why the ufo would have corny logos and slogans printed on it. Kind of ruins it for me. Should have left off the slogans for a more realistic ufo. 

On all my Menard items, I've been able to completely remove Menard and other printings I didn't want by gently rubbing with a Q Tip and 90% Alcohol with no residue. Might want to give it a try.

Even not on layout, makes a great scene to display. I'll get one, but not for the layout.

Hi Mark -- A question.

The website shows two options for powering this accessory.  A 5000mA, 4.5 Volt 1 outlet and a 2000mA, 4.5 Volt 3 outlet power adapter. 

While this will be my first lighted accessory, I plan to buy two others in the near future.  Will the 2000mA 3 outlet adaptor power all three accessories ??

Tony

A proud LOTS & TTOS member up on "The D & H Bridge Line" 

ALCO Fan posted:

Hi Mark -- A question.

The website shows two options for powering this accessory.  A 5000mA, 4.5 Volt 1 outlet and a 2000mA, 4.5 Volt 3 outlet power adapter. 

While this will be my first lighted accessory, I plan to buy two others in the near future.  Will the 2000mA 3 outlet adaptor power all three accessories ??

Tony

A proud LOTS & TTOS member up on "The D & H Bridge Line" 

4.5 volts at 5000 ma (5 amps) is a lot of current for lights and a small movement.

The accessory will draw only what it needs. If anyone gets a chance and purchase this item could you put a amp meter on it and see how much current is needed for this.

ZIf there was a internal short or something 5 amps (5000 ma) would really smoke it.

I was out, I did not have any more room on the layout for one more building and then Menard's drags me back again.  Now we just can't consider the occassional cow getting on the track on the south forty, we have to worry about those cow thievin' low down buckaroo Martians stealin' our livestock. 

2F2C0CB1-BF62-43E6-9C1F-F4E3628D6198I ordered one too.....since my whole layout is UFO themed.....I would be remiss in missing out on this fun accessory!

I also took the liberty of blowing up and tweaking the color of a portion of the saucer and I am happy to see that the logos appear to be decals which should be easily removed.

Heres a pic......what do you think?

-Pete

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 2F2C0CB1-BF62-43E6-9C1F-F4E3628D6198

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.