Skip to main content

We've added to our Railway Express Agency collection!

Railway Express Boxcar (279-4534, 4535) Shop Now!

Railway Express Panel Truck (279-4518) Shop Now!

This was previously released, but still an awesome train car!

Railway Express Flatcar w/ Panel Truck (279-4516, 4517) Shop Now!

In case you missed it, I've included today's train email below.

If you want to receive these special offers and new product announcements, click here!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

rtraincollector posted:

What I don't understand but you can buy the truck for $19.99 ( before rebate ) or you can buy the flat car with the truck for $19.99 ( again before rebate ) so in other words you get a free flat car.

My guess is the truck on the flat car isn't 1/48, maybe more like 1/64th?

The separate sale truck is 4" long, while the flat car and truck is 10.5" long over the couplers and the vehicle pictured on it doesn't look like it would overhang by 1.5" or so if you had 3 on it. Ordered the truck.

Last edited by BobbyD
SDIV Tim posted:

D6DFA678-54EE-41BA-A0C3-0790FD7A2208Mark,

I can’t buy anything from you guys. This what I get. All I need is this (Panel Truck and Flatcar). This is the error I get.

Any help?

Tim,

Unfortunately, as of August 30, 2018 we became aware that the state of California is enforcing new "Proposition 65" rules that mean we have to certify and label anything we ship/sell in California with some sort of label saying, I guess, that you could or could not get cancer by using this product or something to that effect.

This is simply not a sensible thing for us to do with our train items, so we have discontinued selling them at all in California. Perhaps if you have a friend living in one of the other 49 States they could buy it for you and re-ship it to you.

Sorry for everyone that this affects.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

REA did have box trucks likr the one M did for ATSF.  Maybe one in green and one in the 1960's silver.

Also REA had T/COFC cars on flatcars, using both green and silver trailers and containers.

And I know each car has its own number.  But in the case of REA, gold would be a better color.

REA covered the nation in the pre-Amtrak era.  Lots of possibilities for head end cars and support trucks for the era.

Menards posted:
SDIV Tim posted:

D6DFA678-54EE-41BA-A0C3-0790FD7A2208Mark,

I can’t buy anything from you guys. This what I get. All I need is this (Panel Truck and Flatcar). This is the error I get.

Any help?

Tim,

Unfortunately, as of August 30, 2018 we became aware that the state of California is enforcing new "Proposition 65" rules that mean we have to certify and label anything we ship/sell in California with some sort of label saying, I guess, that you could or could not get cancer by using this product or something to that effect.

This is simply not a sensible thing for us to do with our train items, so we have discontinued selling them at all in California. Perhaps if you have a friend living in one of the other 49 States they could buy it for you and re-ship it to you.

Sorry for everyone that this affects.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Mark, does this mean Menard's will not ship anything to CA?

Guess we got our UFO accessories just in time.

Steve

Last edited by OGR CEO-PUBLISHER

OK guys....this went WAY political including some personal attacks.  If you don't like another state's policies, then address it with them directly...not here on this forum.  I am getting tired of having to spend time and money deleting and editing as well as sending emails to those of you that keep "forgetting" the rules about politics and personal attacks....so....here is a general warning:  The next person that makes a comment in this thread that breaks our TOS is gone from this forum...I mean it!  Like I said in a thread last week...perhaps it is time to do some house cleaning again.  If you can't abide by our rules or don't agree with them, then there are other forums that don't care what you say and how you treat others and whether you are civil....just become a member at one of those places!

Last edited by OGR CEO-PUBLISHER
OGR PUBLISHER posted:

OK guys...……. I am getting tired of having to spend time and money deleting and editing as well as sending emails to those of you that keep "forgetting" the rules about politics and personal attacks....so....here is a general warning:  The next person that makes a comment in this thread that breaks our TOS is gone from this forum...I mean it! 

2thumbsupDRAIN THE SWAMP!!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 2thumbsup
Last edited by wild mary

Picked up the truck today and they have done an excellent job on it. Though being 1/48th rather then 1/43rd (as nearly all the other cars offered for sale are) it looks way out of scale when placed alongside them on a street even though it isn't. If you have a scene with 1/50 Corgi Fire trucks it would blend pretty well. At this point it will probably go back as  $20 is pretty steep for a background vehicle.

Other posts mentioned the flat car and truck are the same price as the truck alone so you'd be better off to get that package deal and give the flat car away or sell it for a few dollars. 

Last edited by BobbyD

Just got my REA Boxcar yesterday.  It is beautiful.  The individual boxcar number is in yellow/gold, and not bright white, which looks nice.  I know some people were concerned about the numbers coloring.  Unfortunately one of the metal trucks was not riveted together properly and the wheel assembly falls out.  An email has been sent.  I'm looking forward to a replacement.  

old_toymaker posted:

I have the flat cars and Ordered the 4 pack of box cars today, I have been looking for the REA cars for awhile, I remember a long time ago when we ordered things from S&H green stamps( does anybody remember that) we would have to pick up the packages at the REA office located next to the train station in putnam. Great work Mark and all the crew.

I remember the S&H green stamp mom would get so many when she shopped at our local super market then she would fill the books up for items to cash in according to how many books she had 

paul 2 posted:

I most definately agree with Nick (WILD MARY ) and Steve "papa" Eastman. A REA Transfer building would be a runaway hit. I will designate real estate for it ahead of time and put up a sign "coming soon to  layout near you"....Paul

Menards could do the building with decals so it could be used as REA building or a Brewery.  I could see myself buying two buildings.  I been saving this lighted roof top sign and a couple of these reefers for my BREWERY..

national-bohemian-natty-boh-neon-sign-rare_1_742f32b2b7a93a1b496b7af88bc7838fnattybohcar

Attachments

Images (2)
  • national-bohemian-natty-boh-neon-sign-rare_1_742f32b2b7a93a1b496b7af88bc7838f
  • nattybohcar
Last edited by wild mary

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.