Skip to main content

We'll meet you at The York!

Introducing our newest O gauge structure - the York Hotel Royale! Learn more!

Prebuilt, prelit and ready to go! This building is specially designed to sit over your existing o gauge tracks. Using the train tunnel, the footprint is amazingly small for such a huge building (only 6-3/4" x 11"). That’s a tiny footprint for a building that will be the centerpiece of your layout! Or, if you'd rather have a stand-alone structure, the "tunnel insert" allows you to do both! Simply place the newly designed insert into the tunnel to perfectly transform the train tunnel into a really cool underground parking garage.

From its authentic brick texture to the whopping 188 windows, the amount of detail captured in the O gauge York Hotel Royale is astonishing. Each window even has blinds! And the windows glow softly through frosted glass, where you’ll notice that some rooms are lit and occupied while others are dark and vacant.

Take a look at the bustling hotel entrance with its gold entry doors and red carpet! Six O scale figures, which include a doorman, 4 guests and Jack the German Shepherd, bring life to this extraordinary scene. The roof is full of excitement with 3 animated roof turbines, which rotate in unison, and 4 bright red LED lights! Over 25 LED lights illuminate the front entry and the "York Hotel Royale" marquee.

Please note: With all the LED lights and motor-driven roof turbines, this hotel is easily the most robust building we’ve made yet. And because of that, it requires our newly designed 4.5-volt transformer with an impressive 5,000 mA output (Menards SKU# 279-4050).

In case you miss it, I’ve attached our today’s O gauge email. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

RonH posted:

Very nice, looks great but I cannot imagine sleeping in the hotel when a train come through

There is a hotel downtown Indianapolis built from the old train station. Not only do trains run through it but some rooms are in old Pullman cars near the tracks!! So I know where Menard's may have gotten the idea! 

AMCDave posted:
RonH posted:

Very nice, looks great but I cannot imagine sleeping in the hotel when a train come through

There is a hotel downtown Indianapolis built from the old train station. Not only do trains run through it but some rooms are in old Pullman cars near the tracks!! So I know where Menard's may have gotten the idea! 

I have stayed there !  Crowne Plaza  highly recommend !

TShearer posted:
AMCDave posted:
RonH posted:

I have stayed there !  Crowne Plaza  highly recommend !

I was there last Friday....but it was midnight so didn't see much.

prrhorseshoecurve posted:

So who's layout was that filmed on? Will Menards do that automated roadway that is  in the film ? With the amount of vehicles Menards sells, there's got to be some traffic on someone's layout!

prrhorseshoecure,

That's the private layout of a friend of ours. We've been lucky enough to shoot a couple videos there.

As for the automated roadway, that may be a tough thing to produce considering everyone's layout is different. I do love the concept, so maybe I can do some more research. It would be an excellent companion to our selection of die-cast vehicles.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Menards posted:

Here's a video for you guys!

We are really excited about the newly design "tunnel insert" so you have the option to straddle O gauge tracks or use the hotel as a stand-alone building. Let me know what you think about the concept!

Thank you,

Very inventive, suggestion on the removable section that says parking garage, it would be nice if the two blank sides were filled/covered with doors and windows so if one pulls this module out it could be used for a separate parking garage building. or sell the two sides as a add on to do the conversion. Call it a two in one building

jhz563 posted:

So, are you telling me the whole "where to stay in York" thread was a big setup?

Not necessarily a set up but I was definitely having a little fun!

We don't plan to be a vendor at York this year but it would be fun to visit. So, the hotel recommendations may come in handy.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

When I first saw the tunnel, I wasn't too impressed. About ten seconds later, I had a blinding flash of the obvious. The hotel would be great as a semi-background scene where the track runs parallel to the back of a layout (like mine). Main street could run in front of the hotel, smaller two story buildings flank each side of the hotel, hiding the track that runs through the building. The hotel then becomes the focal point for downtown.

But in answer to your question, I really like the option of either a tunnel or a parking garage. 

Sweet!  Love hotel's bing bang for the small footprint -- makes up for my Red Owl store square footage.   I will probably add it on to my order for my new basement bathroom sink outside my train room online as I take advantage of their their famous 11% off sale this week.  Can anyone confirm that the new 4.5 volt transformer needed is the same as the Lemax 4.5v? 

Menards posted:

Here's a video for you guys!

We are really excited about the newly design "tunnel insert" so you have the option to straddle O gauge tracks or use the hotel as a stand-alone building. Let me know what you think about the concept!

Thank you,

Really like the idea of having the optional "tunnel insert" insert.  Hope you use it in future products.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.