Skip to main content

We've added more to our die-cast selection! Check out these new 1:48 scale offerings from Menards! These assortments are very close to 1:48 but remember boys, these were made in China!

279-2658

16-Piece Die-Cast Car Super Set #1 for $39 (Previously Released) SKU#279-2658

• Four BMW cars (2 Red, 1 Black, 1 Dark Blue)
  • Four Buick cars (2 Red, 1 White, 1 Black)
  • Two Volkswagen cars (1 Blue, 1 Green)
  • Two Nissan cars (1 Red, 1 Silver)
  • Two Toyota cars (1 Red, 1 Black)
  • Two Subaru cars (1 Yellow, 1 Blue)

Click here to see more!

279-3105

16-Piece Die-Cast Car Super Set #2 for $39 (Brand New) SKU#279-3105

• Four Porsche cars (4 unique models: 1 Red, 1 Black, 1 Silver, 1 Yellow)
  • Three Audi cars (4 unique models: 2 Red, 1 White)
  • Two Volkswagen cars (2 unique models: 1 Blue, 1 Red)
  • One Aston Martin (Orange)
  • One Mini Cooper (Red)
  • Two 4 Wheelers (1 Yellow, 1 Red)
  • One Tractor with Roller (Big Jim’s Blacktop)
  • One Tractor with Jack Hammer (Abbott Excavation)
  • One Tractor with Front Loader (TJ’s Construction)
  • Please note that the 4 wheelers are closer to 1:32 scale. If you can’t use them, give them to the kid down the street!

Click here to see more!

279-3103

20-Piece Die-Cast Car Super Set #3 for $49 (Brand New) SKU#279-3103

• Five BMW cars (1 Red, 1 Black, 1 Dark Blue, 1 Silver, 1 Yellow)
  • Five Buick cars (1 Red, 1 Black, 1 White, 1 Silver, 1 Yellow)
  • Three Volkswagen cars (1 Blue, 1 Green, 1 Black)
  • One Volkswagen bus (Red)
  • Two Nissan cars (1 Red, 1 Silver)
  • Two Toyota cars (1 Red, 1 Black)
  • Two Subaru cars (1 Yellow, 1 Blue)

Click here to see more!

279-3104

24-Piece Die-Cast Car Super Set #4 for $59 (Brand New) SKU#279-3104

• Two Ambulances (Columbus, Des Moines)
  • Six Vans (3 Military, 1 Chicago Police, 1 Indianapolis SWAT, 1 Minneapolis EMT)
  • Two VW Buses (1 Rock & Roll, 1 Hippie)
  • Four Ladder Vans (Big Al’s, Custer Farms, Menards, Pete’s Plumbing)
  • Two Campers (1 Blue, 1 Green)
  • Two Motorcycles (1 Blue, 1 Green)
  • Three Agri-Power Tractors (1 Green, 1 Yellow, 1 Red)
  • Two Railroad Tractors (1 BNSF Tractor with Pallet Fork, 1 Wisconsin Central Tractor with Loader)
  • One Railroad Forklift (Pennsylvania R.R.)
  • Again, please note that the motorcycles are closer to 1:32 scale. If you can’t use them, kid's love 'em!

Click here to see more!

Thank you,

Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Images (4)
  • 279-2658
  • 279-3103
  • 279-3104
  • 279-3105
Last edited by Menards
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Just a minor nitpick, but I think on the 24-piece set, the image is not accurate.  It shows an extra tractor in place of the extra VW bus.  On the web page for the product, one of the image shows the set correctly, and the other shows it wrong.

Otherwise, all of these are great.  I especially like the 24-piece set for the larger variety of industrial vehicles.

Last edited by towdog
Originally Posted by franktrain:

I was at my local Menard's store today and they had a whole display of these vehicles for $2.99 each so this is a great deal.

Frank 

Yep, wife and I spotted these yesterday at Menards.  However they were all jumbled together into a large cardboard box.  We found a PRR end loader, and a car.  Would have gotten a Des Moines ambulance but was the newer "boxy" style of 70 to now,  not older Cadillac hearse style of 50-60 of my layout era.

Originally Posted by towdog:

Just a minor nitpick, but I think on the 24-piece set, the image is not accurate.  It shows an extra tractor in place of the extra VW bus.  On the web page for the product, one of the image shows the set correctly, and the other shows it wrong.

Otherwise, all of these are great.  I especially like the 24-piece set for the larger variety of industrial vehicles.

towdog,

That is a great catch and I appreciate it! I will have this fixed today. Thanks again!

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Originally Posted by Matt Makens:

Those are some great deals and finally all the people on my layout wont be drive $100,000 and up cars. Im in for a couple sets. Jon, are you complaining about scale?

Matt,

I didn't take Jon's comment as a complaint. It's obvious the ATV's and motorcycles are oversized but we aren't tying to fool anyone here.

Last edited by Menards

Mark, Jon and I are pretty good friends, just giving him a friendly ribbing. I really like some of the stuff you guys put out and I really like the fact that Menards is bringing the hobby to a wider array of people. Keep it up Mark. I just wish I didnt already have all the buildings

Dear Mr. Menard,

I stopped at my local Menard's store today (Sioux City, IA) and was told NO! The models are NOT in the store and it would be 1 to 2 weeks before the stuff was here. 

What's the official word vs. a store merchandisers word? And she called me "honey" twicw which I hate.

Dick Donaway

Sioux City, Ia

Originally Posted by CBQer:

Dear Mr. Menard,

I stopped at my local Menard's store today (Sioux City, IA) and was told NO! The models are NOT in the store and it would be 1 to 2 weeks before the stuff was here. 

What's the official word vs. a store merchandisers word? And she called me "honey" twicw which I hate.

Dick Donaway

Sioux City, Ia

Dick,

The majority of our stores have these die cast cars in a bin located in the aisle between the hardware and seasonal departments and towards the front of the store. I will have to double check if that is the case for Sioux City or not. These cars are also being marketed as toys (blasphemy ) and that is more than likely where the confusion came from.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.