Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, that is the Siren, Starbucks trademarked logo in her newest form.  I liked the original logo better, the one based on an old 16th-century Norse woodcut of a topless two-tailed mermaid.  I guess they chose it because Sirens lured you into their lair, liked they hoped their coffee would lure you into their shops.

Since it is a trademarked logo, I have to agree with the others that it will be Starbucks related.  Starbucks has delivery trucks so I think it will be a late model truck with the Starbucks logo on the side.

Image result for starbucks trucks

It's a reference to the band, Starbuck, and the lyrics of their 1976 song, "Moonlight Feels Right".  

The lyrics include: "I'll take you on a trip beside the ocean and drop the top at Chesapeake Bay," so my guess is a set of CSX hoppers.  Could be one of the railroads folded into CSX since "I finally made a tricky French connection" and "You say you came to Baltimore from Ole Miss" also are among the lyrics.

What, me worry?   

Last edited by Alfred E Neuman

Introducing YOUR World Headquarters! Learn more!

Dimensions: 13”W x 16-1/8”D x 23-1/2”H

This building can be the World Headquarters of anything you'd like it to be! Since we are railroad fans, we are giving you 24 railroad decals to choose from, so you can decide which world headquarters this will be. Or, you could make it the Starbucks® World Headquarters if you'd like!
SignsPrebuilt, prelit and ready to go! Standing 23-1/2” tall, the O Gauge World Headquarters building is brilliantly lit, both inside and out, with over 250 LED lights and topped off with a handsome, backlit “World Headquarters” sign! Decorate your World Headquarters building with any of the 24 interchangeable railroad decals included or make your own sign to personalize “Your” World Headquarters.

Please notice the backlit signs, including 3 "Starbucks® Coffee" and 2 "Office Entrance" signs, as well as the authentically weathered concrete, 7 O scale people, planters and Jack the German Shepherd. Another very cool feature is a fully decorated interior with 7 additional people, a full Starbucks Coffee Shop including multiple tables with chairs and a counter with a barista ready to take your order! Simply plug in the power supply (SKU# 279-4050), and the opaque lobby roof illuminates, allowing you to view the interior scene from above. In addition to a prelit lobby, the offices above are lit from the inside by hundreds of diffused LED lights for a soft glowing appearance.

This office building is the next in a series of large buildings with a small footprint. The structure is specially designed to allow it to sit over your existing O gauge tracks. Using the train tunnel, the footprint is amazingly small for such a huge building (basically 13" W x 11"D). That’s a tiny footprint for a building that will be the centerpiece of your layout! Or, if you'd rather have a stand-alone structure, the "tunnel insert" allows you to do both with a footprint of 13”W x 16-1/8”D! Simply place the newly designed insert into the tunnel to perfectly transform the train tunnel into a really cool underground parking garage.

Please note: With all the LED lights, the World Headquarters is one of our most robust buildings. Because of that, it requires our newly designed 4.5-volt transformer with an impressive 5,000 mA output Menards SKU# 279-4050).

In case you miss it, I’ve attached our today’s O gauge email. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Last edited by Menards

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.