Skip to main content

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to announce that the new hoppers, boxcars, and yes, ORE CARS, have arrived! (Finally)

Shop Ore Cars >

Ore Cars

Shop Hoppers >

Coal Hoppers

Shop Boxcars >

Boxcars

In case you miss it, I've attached today's O Gauge Train Email below. If you' like to sign up, click here.

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Last edited by Menards
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@Jim R. posted:

Mark, are these being distributed to stores for seasonal stock? I need to know whether I should order online or not.

Hi Jim,

These will be headed to the stores this weekend and hitting the shelves shortly thereafter. However, the store stock comes in mixed assortments (with different SKU numbers), so there is no guarantee certain cars will be available.

If you stop in and the store is out of a particular road name, you can always order online and have it shipped to the store.

Have a great weekend!
-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Thank you Menards for continuing your model train offerings in “O” gauge .

Sorry if already asked, but can we expect some locomotives in the future ?

And will boxes ever be considered for the trains ?
I don’t mind the plastic capsule design their in now , but even if the boxes were available to purchase separately would be nice.

Again , thank you for supporting our wonderful hobby ! 😁

@Menards posted:

Hi Jim,

These will be headed to the stores this weekend and hitting the shelves shortly thereafter. However, the store stock comes in mixed assortments (with different SKU numbers), so there is no guarantee certain cars will be available.

If you stop in and the store is out of a particular road name, you can always order online and have it shipped to the store.

Have a great weekend!
-Mark the Menards Train Guy

I stopped by the Sioux City store to look at the selection, not good. One short counter with mostly buildings. I was hoping to look at the new cars. About the only thing I saw were the coal cars.

Dick

@CBQer posted:

I stopped by the Sioux City store to look at the selection, not good. One short counter with mostly buildings. I was hoping to look at the new cars. About the only thing I saw were the coal cars.

Dick

You copied the portion about Mark saying that the new cars should be in stores soon.  Why are you complaining about it?

"Hi Jim,  These will be headed to stores this weekend & hitting the shelves shortly thereafter. However,  store stock comes in mixed assortments (with different SKU numbers), so there is no guarantee certain cars will be available."

@mackb4 posted:

Thank you Menards for continuing your model train offerings in “O” gauge .

Sorry if already asked, but can we expect some locomotives in the future ?

And will boxes ever be considered for the trains ?
I don’t mind the plastic capsule design their in now , but even if the boxes were available to purchase separately would be nice.

Again , thank you for supporting our wonderful hobby ! 😁

There will be no engines from Menards if they are smart. Also boxes are just fine. Why would you want printed boxes when the the plain brown box does the job. There is a reason Menards can offer items at the prices they do.

Dave

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.