Skip to main content

Thanks to @cabinet Bob and everyone else for posting pictures of the new candy cars!

NOTICE: The shipping gods were not kind to us this year. And because of this, we only received a PARTIAL shipment of candy cars. Please read below.

279-4600A_2021_save15

Here are the current buying options:

1. The blue M&Ms boxcar (SKU# 279-8132) and Hershey's tank car (SKU# 279-8136) are available on Menards.com/trains. Here is a direct link.
     * We are working to track down the other two train cars. Once they arrive, we will put these on the website also.

2. You can also purchase a 4-piece assorted pack (SKU# 279-4600) at Menards.com/trains. Here is a direct link.
     * Includes 1 of each car shown above.
    * Skittles hopper and green M&Ms boxcar are only available in this option currently.

Sorry for any frustrations this may have caused!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 279-4600A_2021_save15
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mark or anyone who knows...

I put the four pack candy cars and some other things in my cart and by the time checked out the black ford truck freebie was sold out.  I know the ad says while supplies last and that it will automatically substitute a white ford truck but the system does not seem to substitute it and won’t let me check out with the black trucks in the cart.  If I select the white trucks instead it does not give the discount.

how do I do it correctly?

thanks, Bill

@EastBay posted:

Mark or anyone who knows...

I put the four pack candy cars and some other things in my cart and by the time checked out the black ford truck freebie was sold out.  I know the ad says while supplies last and that it will automatically substitute a white ford truck but the system does not seem to substitute it and won’t let me check out with the black trucks in the cart.  If I select the white trucks instead it does not give the discount.

how do I do it correctly?

thanks, Bill

Bill,

We've officially switched over to the free lighted white pickup truck (279-6296), as of about 10 minutes ago. Try checking out once more and it should work.

Thank you,

@UnclePeteRR posted:

Mark, I checked out with 4 pack plus yellow M&M car. Will the white Ford be automatically added?

UnclePeteRR

Hi UnlcePete,

Was the white Ford in your card when you checked out? They won't know to ship the truck if it's not on your order.

Email Guest@menard-inc.com if you forgot the truck, they should be able to help you.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

@Santa Fe VA posted:

are the Sinclair tank cars still available on line?  Website won't let me add to cart.

Santa Fe VA,

I'm pretty sure that the Sinclair is sold out but can still get it in the assorted 6-pack (279-6743).

There are some available in our retail stores, but it's hard to say because all the store tank cars are listed under the same SKU#. If you know someone who lives near a Menards store, you could ask them to check it out for you.

The Sinclair seems to be the pick of the litter this year!

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Hi Mark, will Menard’s be restocking these Sinclair cars? Meant to buy a pack of them yesterday and got distracted before I could hit the buy button.

Keith,

We don't typically rerun train cars (in keeping with our focus on collectability) but it's hard to argue with the success of this Sinclair tank car. While me may not run this exact car again, maybe another Sinclair in the future? Perhaps.

Thank you,

@Menards posted:

Keith,

We don't typically rerun train cars (in keeping with our focus on collectability) but it's hard to argue with the success of this Sinclair tank car. While me may not run this exact car again, maybe another Sinclair in the future? Perhaps.

Thank you,

I also would like to see another run of the Sinclair tanker.

Somehow I missed the email and by the time I found out about it they were gone.   It is up to you but if you ran another batch of this car YOU would be making the money off of it, not eBay speculators.  I don't know about anyone else but I buy your train products becase I like them.  I would not be offended if you reran every item of yours that I have.  I have no intention of selling mine so I am not concerned about resale price. 

Just my $.02

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.