Skip to main content

Hi All,  Anyone have ideas for a 12 x 6 fastrack layout ?  I would like to do a multi level with tunnels and a nice bridge.  I can add a 4x3 section at the end of the 12 foot board if needed can't go ant bigger since basement as support poles .  I have fastrack with 036 curves and remote switches.  I would like to go a bit bigger on turns if i could.  Would also like area to park 2 or more trains.  I have DCS and a z4000 transformer with some lionel 80watt transformers.  Any good ideas out there ?  With specs ? I tried Anyrail free download but fine it difficult to use.  Thanks All !  

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Also working on 12x6 layout....have been through several designs and still not settled on one...I am going to use Atlas O track....you can use up to O63 minimum curves without a problem...I plan on using O54 to leave some room on the sides for scenery and/or sidings...I am also looking to operate rather then just running my trains...so there will be an inner loop of O54 with 3-4 sidings...within that I want a small town on one end and mountain scene on the other....a 4x3 section can be added later on for a switching yard/roundhouse...I like to run freight more then passenger trains but will incorporate both....I also use SCARM for layout planning....very simple to use and great tutorials on you tube....my benchwork is plywood top with homasote on top of the plywood....on top of that I am testing 2" extruded foam which will allow me to add depth without adding any grades in my first stage....once things are in place I will think about a 2nd level.....will be following your post to see how things move along for you....good luck and enjoy....

Add Reply

The Track Planning and Layout Design Forum is sponsored by

AN OGR FORUM CHARTER SPONSOR

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.