Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by Allan Miller:

Photos?

I can run one as our "Scene Along the Rails" feature in the Feb. issue if someone submits a good shot and some info about the event.

Allan

I was not there for the 1st start up because it was for volunteers only.  I will be there on the 30th for her 1st public steam up and I can provide photos of that.   I sent you an email.  

Originally Posted by Hot Water:
Originally Posted by sinclair:

Seeing things like this keep reminding me how much I miss running steam and how I wish to work on and run 1:1 steam.  The pain of living somewhere without a rich steam railroad history...

Where and when did you "run steam"?

I suspect you may not get an answer...

And you'd be wrong Steve.

In 2003-2004 I was working for a company that made scale gas-hydraulic trains that would go in city parks and the like.  The owner also ran a train in local city park.  To earn extra money I would work at the park too.  Well, he had a 1/4 scale oil fired Atlantic for 16" gauge, and got it out of storage.  We worked to get it steaming again, and then he brought it to the park he ran.  It was my job to run and maintain it.  And like all steamers, she could be fussy at times, and there were only two people, the owner and me, that could get her to behave herself and keep the rides going.  I ran it over the course of two summers and the winter in between.  I also own a 7.5" gauge coal fired Chloe that I inherited after his passing.  I had a chance to take it to the local club's layout and run it there.  When I came back under steam they were very surprised.  I was the only person they had ever seen do so on their first run with a new steamer.  I'm no stranger to steam, but unfortunately it hasn't been on 1:1.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.