Skip to main content

IMO, all customer feedback is valuable. It is hard for me to believe that Lionel is only looking for a pat on the back, though in the short term that would be their desire. They would like to rally support and desire for their newest offering.

Into the future they need to be aware of any improvement gap. I am sure most Lionel defenders are just trying to show their support for Lionel, as sure they should. The criticism of the quality of the video, though most probably accurate, could hardly be reflective as a negative view of Lionel. 

As far as feedback from me other than my black smoke desire, if Lionel wishes to ask 3rd Rail level in prices, they should also aim at 3rd Rail level of detail and accuracy to prototype. Sure, gadgets have a significant value. And yes, it could justify higher cost, but couldn’t Lionel also try to capture some of the 3rd Rail market?

TM Terry posted:

IMO, all customer feedback is valuable. It is hard for me to believe that Lionel is only looking for a pat on the back, though in the short term that would be their desire. They would like to rally support and desire for their newest offering.

Into the future they need to be aware of any improvement gap. I am sure most Lionel defenders are just trying to show their support for Lionel, as sure they should.

I'm not even sure what this means. 

MartyE posted:
TM Terry posted:

Into the future they need to be aware of any improvement gap. I am sure most Lionel defenders are just trying to show their support for Lionel, as sure they should.

I'm not even sure what this means. 

Sorry. I’ll try harder next time.

TM Terry posted:
MartyE posted:

No need to apologies. I'm just trying to figure out what you are saying. I guess I'm just not understanding what point your making. 

I suppose I over-complicated the thought that all of the comments, good and not so good, have some value to Lionel.

I agree. You have to listen to the good and the bad. Sometimes the bad, in the way presented on this forum, can have the opposite intended effect. 

sinclair posted:
bigdodgetrain posted:
Notch 6 posted:

"Thanks for the video, but did you shoot it with a flip phone?  HAHA, Its 2017 , we have 4K TVs and this is in 240P?  Come on.  I can hardly see any details.  

I got claustrophobic trying to watch the video. Turned it off real quick! Looks like they would have known better than to film it that way!"

You know it gets really old reading crap like this. If you want to develop the content / pay for the equipment, travel to the shows, etc. Be my guest. The video was ported over from Facebook live, which does constrain the quality / format that we can shoot in from the equipment that we have. Not that either one of you have any clue how that works. Bottom line for both of you is to put your money where your mouth is. If you want it done better, get out here and do it yourself. 

they could have just turned the phone sideways!!!!!!

It truly is amazing how much better a video looks when you turn your phone 90 degrees to record it.  Having played with video, I know you can't blame this on Facebook live.  Just hold your phone in landscape when you record video and you will end up with a better quality video visually.

But it was neat to see the force coupler in action.  I really hope that comes to more locomotives.  It's a pity this thing won't run on my O36 track.

Buy it anyhow; don't let that stop you

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.