Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I share your pain. Here is a picture of what I have. In addition to the parts you mentioned there is a "gear pivot stud" , a C shaped retaining clip, the spring, and the solenoid mechanism. There seems to something else needed but not shown in the gateman parts diagram. Without some kind of support the gear pivot stud does not stay in place. I have tried a half inch thick piece of foam but if it is20210930_164526s too tight it will restrict movement. I  am hoping someone might assist both us.(Newbie, 1st post)

The door gear is driven by the gear segment.  The door gear has a square hole in it and the square shaft on the door is glued in this hole. The most common failure of this accessory is the square shaft on the bottom of the door brakes off. When this happens you can usually get the square shaft out of the gear, but the door will have to be replaced. Doors are available, but they may not be red. Later production doors are brown.

The solenoid pushes the man out of the house, which also causes the door to open. When the power is shut off the spring pulls the man back in the house, which closes the door.  Some versions of this accessory have a bulb tat shines through a hole in the base causing the lamp to look like it is lit up.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.