Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Art, Thank you so much for calling my attention back to this!!!!  I watched the Stooges episode; I have always loved the Stooges; but I forgot to look at the Jean Shepherd links!!   I have never heard of Jean Shepherd; but what a great story teller!!!  Excellent!!  I have lived an isolated life, indeed!  The short film was great!!!  I'll have to take a look at more in the future!!

Rusty:

Thanks for posting the link, it was enjoyable looking thru these. 

There is a Sears built home in Clarendon Hills IL that just sold.  It has been reworked, but I'm pleased that when it sold, it did not succumb to the wrecking ball.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/recently_sold/4569213_zpid/globalrelevanceex_sort/41.804114,-87.957477,41.797347,-87.96901_rect/16_zm/

Regards,

Jerry

Mark Boyce posted:

Ha, Greg!  I have known about the Sears kit homes for a long time, but I never heard of Jean Shepherd!  Funny how we can know about one long standing thing but not another.  Now I am glad I opened Rattler's original topic because now I have heard Jean Shepherd

Ever seen the movie 'A Christmas Story'? Jean Shepherd story. He even has a cameo in the movie on the line for Santa 'Hey kid - the line starts back THERE'.

Jim

Jim, Actually I have lead a very sheltered life.  For all the references by so many people to that movie, I have never seen it!  For whatever reason my wife always wants to watch It’s a Wonderful Life, Elf, and whatever Hallmark or the station that has 25 Days of Christmas is showing!  LOL  I’m pleased to let her watch whatever she wants.  She works to hard, and takes care of her mother.  She needs any relaxation she can get.

I’ll have to see if we can watch it this go round.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.