Skip to main content

Hello all

Check out this 1950 movie of a 2 rail layout ....pace is a bit slow ...but enjoy all the period pieces ... many tin plate conversions, erector bridge ,  cast cars /trucks from the 40's ....rich color ..enjoy a trip back in time 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlEdXnQTatw

Cheers Carey 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi thanks for the cool movie.

i have always had a fondness for conversions and heritage O scale (2 rail) footage.

not even outside third rail! 

i liked the stop action car and truck movements.  Takes a tremendous amount of work to produce that. Glad Gumby and Poky weren't part of it!

I recognized quite a bit of former Lionel and those early passenger cars.

i also thought the track work was exceptional for the day, probably scratch built.

the trains ran well.

erector bridges are quite a sight.

so, the kind of slow pace was relevant for the 50's.  nice to visit that for a few minutes.

leroof.

I'm 71.  I really enjoyed this.  My dad & I in the early 1960's, when I was a young teen, tried stop animation.  He loved math, so he went about figuring out how far I would move vehicles and people for each frame that he would click off of his new 8mm camera.  After things were set up, we spent 90 minutes worth of filming under hot lights, to get 15 seconds to watch.  I wanted to see a long movie & was surprised to see only 15 seconds.  It sure was a lot of work but a lot of fun to watch!

Dennis

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.