Skip to main content

Wondering if anyone ever experienced error messages on the remote identified as "Engine not on track" or, "No Engine to Add" after removing a conventional engine (i.e., Sunset brass 2-rail) from the track and replacing it with an MTH DCS engine?  I can't get the remote to "Read", or add the engine.  I'm also initially getting "NO DCS Engine found".  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance, Dave 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Wondering if anyone ever experienced error messages on the remote identified as "Engine not on track" or, "No Engine to Add" after removing a conventional engine (i.e., Sunset brass 2-rail) from the track and replacing it with an MTH DCS engine?

There's absolutely no connection between doing anything with the conventional engine (which DCS can't "see") and any kind of a DCS problem.

The Remote finds the TIU, no problem there.  Something else to add, there are times when the engine will start off on its own, after picking it up and placing it back on the track (with the transformer powered up to ~80%).  I'm using an MRC Power G transformer and plugging into a Fixed Voltage port.

there are times when the engine will start off on its own, after picking it up and placing it back on the track (with the transformer powered up to ~80%).  

If you're placing an engine directly on powered track, with all due respect, that's a very bad thing to do and can cause severe damage to the engine's electronics.

As far as the engine starting up conventionally when you do so, that's normal since the engine will have missed the DCS watchdog signal.

DCS Book CoverThis and a whole lot more about DCS is all in MTH’s “The DCS Companion 3rd Edition!"

This book is available from many fine OGR advertisers and forum sponsors, or as an eBook or a printed book at MTH's web store!

DCS Book Cover

This and a whole lot more about DCS WiFi is all in MTH’s “The DCS WiFi Companion 1st Edition!"

This book is available from many fine OGR advertisers and forum sponsors, or as an eBook or a printed book at MTH's web store!

Get the free TMCC & Legacy Addendum here!

One thing to check, make sure the switches on the MTH engine are set to 2 rail (vs 3 rail) and the other switch is set to DCS (vs DCC). You imply that your layout is 2 rail direct current but you are using DCS to control the engine. If the switches are set wrong, the handheld / system won’t find the engine.

Ever so often due handling an engine, the switches get hit to a different selection.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.