Skip to main content

Spent the better part of the day working on this engine. Had to finish it to see her run! Work is rough by my standards.

I got a pair of these from KGsouth and I may convert the dummy too.

I ordered new sunshades and will paint and install them when they arrive. I thought about moving the trucks outward. I'm getting to the point where I just want them to run. I spent many hours on a Challenger upgrade, only to have her quit on the second lap for our grandson (steam pipes broke loose).

I really wanted the OMI version. I don't have the funds and can't find any samples.

Last edited by Engineer-Joe
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Spent the better part of the day working on this engine. Had to finish it to see her run! Work is rough by my standards.

I got a pair of these from KGsouth and I may convert the dummy too.

I ordered new sunshades and will paint and install them when they arrive. I thought about moving the trucks outward. I'm getting to the point where I just want them to run. I spent many hours on a Challenger upgrade, only to have her quit on the second lap for our grandson (steam pipes broke loose).

I really wanted the OMI version. I don't have the funds and can't find any samples.

Nice work, Joe. Did that locomotive come with the interchangeable wheel sets?

Joe, this looks great! Was this one of the MTH 3/2 locomotives, or was it a more involved conversion? I'd like to have one of these myself someday. Right now, there is enough out there that I am still buying that I'm willing to wait and see if Atlas will run these with the tooling they got from MTH. I'd certainly be in for several in the BNSF/BN and UP paint schemes!

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.