Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm a little confused on this one.  Are you running DCS on 2 rail, or DCC?  I am used to seeing DCC on 2 rail, but I suppose it would be theoretically possible to run DCS.  

If what you mean is 2 rail DCC, then you need a DC power source.  You could make an AC to DC converter to use transformers you already own, for not much $$$, but if you are looking for a plug and play solution... Have to see what the 2 rail guys say.  I don't have any idea what the recommended brands are.  

You have to use a DC transformer connected to your TIU just like you would if you were into 3 rail.

Do not use a AC power source if the engines are DC. 

I run Ho using MTH engines with PS 3 with DCS. Powered with a MRC DC transformer thru a TIU,  It works great. 

ON the o scale engines I think there is a switch to go from 3 to 2 rail. Check with MTH to make sure. 

I had the PS2 system here for a while doing a review for a now defunct magazine.  The TIU at that time accepted either AC or DC, and I have the capability of testing both.  Either worked just fine.

Without the TIU,  a PS2 locomotive works just fine on straight DC, but all you get is chuff out of the sound system.

There is absolutely nothing inherent in 2-rail that keeps you from using AC if you want.  For some reason there has always been a tendency to think that AC works with 3 rail and DC with 2 rail.  The power source has no idea how many rails you have.

I have zero experience with PS3. I doubt they downgraded its capabilities.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.