Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I won't be there unfortunately.   I had thoughts of going but it is an all day drive one way - at least 8 hours or more.     And my wife just had foot surgery and can't drive, so I can't really leave her alone for a few days.    And if I went that far I would want to stay a few days and railfan.    

I have been there once and had a great time.    I am thinking I may try for the october version.

Hey Guys; I haven't heard from John Dunn. He usually emails everyone reminding them to reserve tables by now.  Hope he is well!  Maybe he's on vacation.  I have been trying to reach him to reserve tables for the Reading club and a few fellows as well.

hope to see all you folks  . wishing all of you the Best Of good Health

Franky- Ogee

Franky-Ogee posted:

Hey Guys; I haven't heard from John Dunn. He usually emails everyone reminding them to reserve tables by now.  Hope he is well!  Maybe he's on vacation.  I have been trying to reach him to reserve tables for the Reading club and a few fellows as well.

hope to see all you folks  . wishing all of you the Best Of good Health

Franky- Ogee

I just sent my check in using the info in the last mailing...

Simon Winter posted:
Franky-Ogee posted:

Hey Guys; I haven't heard from John Dunn. He usually emails everyone reminding them to reserve tables by now. 

Franky- Ogee

Franky,

I got a note on July 7th.

Try E-mailing:

oscale48@comcast.net

Simon

I got an e-mail from John yesterday......so all is good & confirmed

Dear Forum members,

We are shaping up for another great show/swap meet on 08/10/2019.

As of tonight there are only 5 tables left - $30.00 first table/$25.00 each additional table.

And only $5 bucks admission !!!!

Please check out the OGR Forum Calendar section for all the details of the show.

Call or email me if you have any questions. jdunn8888@comcast.net or 609-432-2871

Hope to see you all there !! John /Rich - Scale2Rail Promotions

Last edited by jdunn

A recap of my experience at the meet  last spring. It was my first time at the Strasburg meet and probably my last. No one wanted to sell me anything. I found a number of potential purchases but no one was at their table to make a sale. I came back several times over the morning but no one was at the table at anytime. Then I found a dealer at his table. He was in a conversation with someone else. I picked up the item I was interested in and waited politely for the conversation to pause. After 5 minutes or so of completely being ignored I put the item down and left. If you folks don’t want to sell why do you pay to set up? It would appear that this meet is primarily a social event. These dealers probably wonder why they do so poorly sales wise.  I sold antiques at shows and flea markets go over 25 years. If you want to make sales you have to be present and talk to people.

George Lasley

prrhorseshoecurve posted:
Lehigh74 posted:

I'm about an hour from Strasburg, but I've never been to that meet.  Appears to be 2 rail only.

You would be surprised as to what actually shows up at a 2 rail meet... And it's not just exclusively 2 rail!

Last I checked structures and scenery are pretty indifferent to the number of rails.  And, you always build rolling stock kits and put whatever trucks you want under them.

George Lasley posted:

A recap of my experience at the meet  last spring. It was my first time at the Strasburg meet and probably my last. No one wanted to sell me anything. I found a number of potential purchases but no one was at their table to make a sale. I came back several times over the morning but no one was at the table at anytime. Then I found a dealer at his table. He was in a conversation with someone else. I picked up the item I was interested in and waited politely for the conversation to pause. After 5 minutes or so of completely being ignored I put the item down and left. If you folks don’t want to sell why do you pay to set up? It would appear that this meet is primarily a social event. These dealers probably wonder why they do so poorly sales wise.  I sold antiques at shows and flea markets go over 25 years. If you want to make sales you have to be present and talk to people.

George Lasley

Yes and No.  This is a very popular event but only 4 hours long.  I have been guilty in hitting the men's room or grabbing something from another table leaving my table unattended.  If you do not see the table holder just ask.  Thjs is absolutely the friendliest group of vendors I have ever worked with.  Someone will find your table holder.  They always find me!

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.