Skip to main content

I ran the Y3 two week2 ago without a problem. I had left it on the layout and finally got back to the layout today. It started up OK; but as it was running, the whistle was blowing constantly. I stopped it and restarted it and then the bell was ringing one note constantly. It stopped when I hit the bell button on the Z-4000; but started again as soon as I released the button. The Z-4000 voltage was blinking every time the behind I shut it down and then used the z-4000 to do a factory reset. There wasn’t any improvement. I was going to change the battery to a BCR; but found that I had already done that, failing to note it. I replaced the BCR just for grins. No help there. What else can I do?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@harmonyards posted:

Dirty track, & dirty wheels can make things go bizerk, …..I’d do a thorough cleaning first, and then retest, ……I’ve been fighting through the same thing, …I need to clean my layout big time, I can see the tar streaks from orbit,…..so I’m in the same boat as you with quirky things happening,….

Pat

Agreed simple first…….

@harmonyards posted:

Dirty track, & dirty wheels can make things go bizerk, …..I’d do a thorough cleaning first, and then retest, ……I’ve been fighting through the same thing, …I need to clean my layout big time, I can see the tar streaks from orbit,…..so I’m in the same boat as you with quirky things happening,….

Pat

Guilty as charged. Clean track = happy engine.
Thank You!

@harmonyards posted:

Pat

Pat....this is one of funniest things I've read ("...I can see the tar streaks from orbit")! Thanks for the Belly laugh!

Add Reply

This forum is sponsored by MTH Electric Trains

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.