Skip to main content

I thought this was discussed on this forum, but unable to find the post.

This is a unique item. Was going to purchase it but everything I see is that you must use the old (pre-2009) light sets to connect it to.

Every place I look you can't find the old light sets or the single adapter this would plug into.

1b99 - 2004 Hallmark Lionel Ornament [QXI4111)

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 1b99 - 2004 Hallmark Lionel Ornament (QXI4111)
Last edited by paulp575
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@PRR1644 posted:

Hallmark sells a Legacy Cord. It includes the wall wart and and you can power up to 4 vintage ornaments (pre 2009). I use it on my 2004 ornament and it works perfectly.re is the link. Keepsake Ornament Legacy Cord - Keepsake Ornaments - Hallmark

I saw that, but their web page says "Sold out online and in stores". I called my local Hallmark store and they checked and said it's not available anywhere. I've created a saved search on eBay hoping one would show up there, but not likely.

@SuperChief posted:

@paulp575 Here is a picture of the wire coming out of the ornament. To change the end of the wire gentle pry the metal prongs back from the adapter that comes on ornament and put the new one  on. A0D123DB-470B-4C14-BD81-34DAE0C95D28

Appreciate the picture. I've taken apart sockets/bulb on strings so great to know that's all I need to do. Just need to either find their legacy cord (website and local store says "Sold out online and in stores") or come up with some alternative using a power adapter that works with 6 volts 1.2 amps.

@paulp575 posted:

I saw that, but their web page says "Sold out online and in stores". I called my local Hallmark store and they checked and said it's not available anywhere. I've created a saved search on eBay hoping one would show up there, but not likely.

Hallmark offers the Legacy cord early in their Christmas ornament season...which starts in July.  The Legacy cords are available from Hallmark for a limited amount of time each year.  I have occasionally seen them on ebay, but the prices being asked are ridiculously high compared to the new price from Hallmark.

@Big Jim posted:

Yes, I have some. Thing is, after my recent move, I now have to the find the ornament to see if it works with them. Why can't you find a light set? Is all you can find LED?

I was reading on the box and it says "Use only with . . . light strings using push-in type bulbs, having multiples of 35 bulbs or 50 bulbs in series".

I'm not sure if the 35-bulb string I have is wired in series, but I have several 35 bulb strings. In these strings, if one burns out, the rest remain lighted. Each string has only 2 wires. If I remove the any bulb, the string turns off.

Could I use them?

@paulp575 posted:

I was reading on the box and it says "Use only with . . . light strings using push-in type bulbs, having multiples of 35 bulbs or 50 bulbs in series".

I'm not sure if the 35-bulb string I have is wired in series, but I have several 35 bulb strings. In these strings, if one burns out, the rest remain lighted. Each string has only 2 wires. If I remove the any bulb, the string turns off.

Could I use them?

Yes, that is what I use on my tree.
That kind of string also works for those little motors that spin an ornament.

Last edited by Big Jim

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this topic is appropriate for the season!  The Hallmark legacy cords are no longer made.  I have one, but the ornaments with motors don't do well.  And mixing in an old incandescent light string with LED is not a great look.  And I have read that even new incandescent light strings don't do the job adequately for the motorized ornaments.  Internet searches aren't coming up with much help.  Has anyone found a reliable solution, aside from an old incandescent light string?  Thanks!

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.