Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Great to see the show will carry on .... I've registered .... ..the promoters need a strong show of folks coming to hold the Hotel and hall ...so please consider registering early ....  the O scale world needs the March Meet to continue ..the York for O scale .   I'll be hosting an open house if you like vintage O scale .... there will be several other great layouts to visit in the area .... make the March meet a must do !

See you in March !

Cheers Carey 

I’ve registered and made my hotel reservation.  Hopefully, the show goes forward.  It will be my first attendance since 2017.  Does anyone know how close the promoters are to selling out the first block of hotel rooms?  I truly want to see this show, the Nirvana of O Scale continue.  I strongly encourage anyone who feels the same to support the show by making their hotel reservation.  It would be a tremendous shame to see this great O scale tradition end.

March “O” Scale Meet Chicago August Update:

We were successful in renegotiating our contract with the Westin-Lombard.  We will now have until January 15th to meet our hotel room commitment.  We also have a few extra days after the 15th to cancel the event, without penalty, if we do not have enough Meet and Table Registrations etc..  We have no cutoff date to cancel the event if Covid-19 is still a problem that makes it impossible to hold the event in our format.

Numbers as of July 28th:

82% prepaid Block 1 rooms reserved

30% tables sold

10% usual attendance registered

Where we need to be January 15th:

100% prepaid Block 1 rooms reserved

50% tables sold

33% usual attendance registered

If we meet or exceed the numbers above, we can hold the meet.  Additionally, once we reach 100% of the Block 1 rooms, the hotel is willing to discuss a contract for 2022.

Thank You to those of you who have already registered and who have reserved/paid for your rooms!  It’s because of you that the hotel was willing to bend a bit on the terms of the contract. 

Now it’s up to the rest of the O Scale Community to decide if the March Meets continue or if they become another part of our history.  It’s a possibility that Covid-19 might shut us down for 2021, however if we have enough support up to the cancellation date, we can pick up where we left off in 2022.

We will share our updated flyer asap.  In the meantime, the current flyer can still be used for meet / table registrations and the hotel will still be accepting pre-paid hotel reservations until Block 1 is full.  We can then begin filling the Block 2 rooms under the usual and customary terms.

Flyer: https://marchmeet.net/WP/PDF/2020ERegistration.pdf

Brad, That looks promising. I urge all who are thinking about attending to register. To those that have not attended in the past this is a Great Meet for O scale. Clinics have been wonderful and you meet wonderful folks. For us 3 railers there is plenty there for us too. The tours, vendors and sessions just to name a few of the highlights.  Oh and so many of our wonderful OGR Forum members are there too.

Hope to see you there !!

Tom

We were successful in renegotiating our contract with the Westin-Lombard.  We will now have until January 15th to meet our hotel room commitment.  We also have a few extra days after the 15th to cancel the event, without penalty, if we do not have enough Meet and Table Registrations etc..  We have no cutoff date to cancel the event if Covid-19 is still a problem that makes it impossible to hold the event in our format.

Much more realistic with far higher probability of success on numbers. 

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.