Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

As nice as the 2014 Signature Catalog is, I thought the omission of the Norfolk Southern Heritage Series "Veterans Memorial" SD60 locomotive was a big disappointment.    I would have even settled for the paint scheme done up on the SD70ACe if updated tooling was an issue.

Also... I was hoping to see the return of StationSounds cars for the nearly dozen or so passenger sets with 18"-cars.  Half a dozen or so sets were delivered in 2009-2011 WITHOUT them; followed by a 2-year drought of aluminum passenger cars altogether; and another half-dozen (or more) sets are slated for delivery in 2014.  Yet NONE of them has had a StationSounds car catalog'd.  Guess we'll have to wait another year or two before we see them.    Should be interesting to see when Lionel actually delivers the 15" StationSounds cars that were "previewed" last year for the Neil Young series passenger sets.  That should tell us when/if we may see a similar offering for the 18" cars.

David

Last edited by Rocky Mountaineer
Originally Posted by Dtrainmaster:

I did not notice any mention of:

> operating cooling fans in the H-24-66 Train Masters.

I have a gut feel that the 2014 TrainMasters will be made from the same tooling as the previous Legacy Wabash TM catalog'd in 2009.  Can't imagine Lionel would go backwards with regard to tooling/features.

Fortunately, they're not BTO, so we can wait to see how they hit the streets before purchasing.  I'm on the fence for a Canadian Pacific FM.  Not a sure thing yet though. 

David

Originally Posted by Chris Lord:
Originally Posted by N.Q.D.Y.:
Originally Posted by Chris Lord:

BSA related items.   I want some more BSA rank cars. 

There's lots of pictures of BSA cars here Chris. 

Ok, I'm stumped!   BSA Cars?  What's BSA (other than Boy Scouts of America)?

In Great Britain at least, if you mention BSA then most will think of motorcycles. BSA (Birmingham Small Arms.) was an industrial combine which made everything from weapons to buses. At its peak, BSA was the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the world. In the 60's and 70's the motorcycle division made some bad decisions, and this brought the whole group to its knees. Part of the group still exists today as LTI limited, who make the London Taxicabs. (Now owned by the Chinese company Geely.) 

David: If you attend York, you should ask the Lionel folks there... or, if not, send them an e-mail.  It would be interesting to hear their response, if any.
Originally Posted by Rocky Mountaineer:

I was hoping to see the return of StationSounds cars for the nearly dozen or so passenger sets with 18"-cars.  Half a dozen or so sets were made in 2009-2011 WITHOUT them; followed by a 2-year drought of aluminum passenger cars altogether; & another half-dozen (or more) sets are expected in 2014.  Yet NONE has had a StationSounds car.  Guess we'll have to wait another year or two before seeing them.    When Lionel delivers the 15" StationSounds cars   "previewed" last year for the Neil Young sets, it should tell us when/if we may see a similar offering for the 18" cars.  David

Ron, yes... It will be interesting to see what the Lionel party line is at York regarding StationSounds cars for the 18-inch line-up.  

Jon Z has hinted here on the forum that StationSounds cars could eventually be re-incarnated as "Legacy" versions... and the 15-incher was already catalog'd for the Neil Young Texas Special.  But that's it so far.

These cars are expensive enough as it is... And then to probably have a bunch catalog'd all at once down the road means a serious passenger train enthusiast could easily plunk down another $1K-$2K just on StationSound cars alone.    Would have been much easier on the budget if they were offered right along with the sets, but life never works out that neatly.

David

Originally Posted by Jim S:

No scale B&M, Maine Central, Bangor and Aroostook anything that I could find.

The O Scale Three-bay, open-top hopper can be made for B&M, but they are making those hoppers for the NS heritage series right now.

The plastic body 3560 Cu. Ft. Capy. ACF Center Flow 3-Bay Covered Hopper could be produced in the B&M scheme, but they have not made that hopper very often in the past 5 years.

Andrew

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.