Skip to main content

Well, with 2015 almost here it's time to make those new year's  resolutions again.

I think this will be the year that I make a serious effort to clean out the train room and start a layout.  And I mean a real layout not just a loop of track.  I have been working on a track plan for awhile now and all I have to do is polish it up a bit.

What about all of you?   What new year's resolutions, if any, are you planning?

Rick

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by RICKC:

Well, with 2015 almost here it's time to make those new year's  resolutions again.

I think this will be the year that I make a serious effort to clean out the train room and start a layout.  And I mean a real layout not just a loop of track.  I have been working on a track plan for awhile now and all I have to do is polish it up a bit.

What about all of you?   What new year's resolutions, if any, are you planning?

Rick

Put away the Christmas layout neatly with a plan and do the building, so that everything goes together easily next year.

Last edited by Marty R

Sell off all my extra stuff from tearing down my layout and moving.  Build a new logging type layout and buy some geared locos and try something totally different.  Build mostly from scratch.   Join a local club and see how that goes.  Get a new girlfriend and see how that goes.  Make a lot of dough while reducing stress.

I will ask permission to rub Ed Boyle's head for luck at York. It works.

I will urge Angela Trotta Thomas to feature our Forum mascot, Ralph, in one of her paintings. In October I happened to visit her when Mrs. Marty was there, and we showed her a photo of Ralph.

I will thank Mike Wolf for all his great Reading models and encourage him to make more.

I will urge Lionel to offer a model of Baldwin 3-cylinder compound 4-10-2 No. 60000 in The Train Factory (formerly Railroad Hall) in The Franklin Institute, Philadelphia. The full-scale crackle black paint scheme with faded yellow lettering (THE BALDWIN LOCOMOTIVE WORKS) would look great!

I will modify Spellcheck to watch for "L****P."

I will delight in great clouds of JT's MEGASTEAM

I will regard OGR as devotional reading.

I will be grateful to Reading Steam Guru, Wowak, and J.D.S. LIMITED PRODUCTIONS for, respectively, painting and detailing my Lionel Reading T-1 as 2124; installing working valve gear and scale details; and adding a fan-driven smoke unit and (while he was in there) an LED headlight.

I will be amused as the occasional topic causes fussin' and fightin'

I will wish Rich & Co. good luck with the 765, OGR, and other worthy endeavors.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.