Skip to main content

I know some of our forum members have already started to put up their 2015 Christmas Layouts and I'd like this thread to be a place where we can all share our Christmas Layout photos.

I usually start my Christmas Layout Thanksgiving Weekend, but I want to get this started so here is one of my photos from last year.

DSC02038edcr

Happy Holidays to all my hobby friends! 

Attachments

Images (1)
  • DSC02038edcr
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

DSC_8388

I did not finish my tree trimming until late in 2014, and I don't intend to start in 2015 until December.  Here is my look from last year.  I went with Standard Gauge.

DSC_8392

The train was the Lionel Classics Fireball Express.  Red 390E with maroon roofs and yellow trim.  

DSC_8393

New and old buildings.  Plasticville cathedral and new Grand Central Terminal.

DSC_8394

DSC_8395

Tinplate, plastic and ceramic buildings along with tinplate train.

DSC_8398

Plus a Department 56 version of a train... and station.  This one plays Perry Como's "Home for the Holidays."

Attachments

Images (6)
  • DSC_8388
  • DSC_8392
  • DSC_8393
  • DSC_8394
  • DSC_8395
  • DSC_8398

Got the carpet vacuumed & cleaned, including behind the TV, and Version 1.0 of the Christmas Layout down.  Waiting on bumpers for the sidings from Pat's.  Going to check clearances with an MTH Baldwin M-1 tonight, then partially disassemble for tree set-up this weekend.  The tree will go about where the basket is.  Will post an update when everything's up & running.

Xmas Layout - 01

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Xmas Layout - 01
Originally Posted by Fridge56Vet:

Got the carpet vacuumed & cleaned, including behind the TV, and Version 1.0 of the Christmas Layout down.  Waiting on bumpers for the sidings from Pat's.  Going to check clearances with an MTH Baldwin M-1 tonight, then partially disassemble for tree set-up this weekend.  The tree will go about where the basket is.  Will post an update when everything's up & running.

Xmas Layout - 01

That cat looks tuckered out from supervising. 

Originally Posted by Fridge56Vet:
Originally Posted by O-gauger:
That cat looks tuckered out from supervising. 

Just biding his time until someone goes to the kitchen for more food.

I used to have a cat that assumed we put the Christmas layout up for her enjoyment - was always napping somewhere between the tracks and buildings. Never messed with any of it though. 

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.