Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I just got the Lionel™ Christmas™ catalog at my LHS.  If you thought there was nothing left in the PE line to add, think again.  Also the Christmas dockside switcher is back!  It's part of a set but I am sure there will be some break ups or separate sale offered down the road.  A very nice Angela Trotta Thomas boxcar is there.  The sawmill turned into Santa's factory.  A red arch under bridge.  For rdeal, there are two tank cars.  A two dome in white for Santa's rocket fuel and a single dome in green and red for cocoa.  And as they say on TV™, much, much more.

Originally Posted by Charlienassau:

The catalog goes LIVE May 1st both on Lionel's and Nassau Hobby Centers web site! Lots of great new products including Polar Express, Plug N Play and more. Be sure to check it out and pre-order your Holiday items! Thanks Chris and Charlie....

It will help in a small way to take our minds off of what is going on here in Baltimore. Very Sad indeed.  Thank You

Originally Posted by POTRZBE:

............... Also the Christmas dockside switcher is back!  It's part of a set but I am sure there will be some break ups or separate sale offered down the road.  .............

Is it the same deco, or maybe inverted colors?  (Green with Red or White with Red/Green trim)?

I saw an original at York for around $95 and considered buying it, but I didn't.

Thanks.

-Dave

On the docksider, the front is white, not grey.  The lamp is red, not green. 

New PE items are:  letters to Santa mail car, work caboose with presents, an aquarium car, the house of the little boy, a Thomas Kinkade painting box car (also a whole Kinkade set), and a covered bridge that is really nice looking,.

Originally Posted by POTRZBE:

New PE items are:  letters to Santa mail car, work caboose with presents, an aquarium car, the house of the little boy, a Thomas Kinkade painting box car (also a whole Kinkade set), and a covered bridge that is really nice looking,.

So the PE items are all traditional-sized?  Any scale-sized items?  New add-ons to the PE scale passenger cars... like a StationSounds diner now that they're making an appearance in the line-up again??? 

How about any other scale stuff from the Polar Railroad or North Pole Central liveries?

Thanks for the previews thus far!!!

David

Hi Folks,

Lionel missed a big opportunity to re-issue the Snoopy and Woodstock handcar for the 50th anniversary.  Or they could have done a Charlie Brown and Snoopy handcar.  With every bit of advertising or media coverage about the 50th anniversary, any Peanuts' item from any manufacturer gets a boost, a free ride, so to speak.  The general public loves that handcar, and it would have been a way for Lionel to get their foot in the doors of many new households, especially growing the hobby with women of a certain age.

Take care, Joe.

Originally Posted by ed h:

Photo of Docksider in LionChief Christmas Set.

Thanks for the pic!

Very similar to the original.  I probably would have liked an inversion of the green/red to make it different(like they have done for some other items, like some of the candy cane tank cars), but maybe that wouldn't do as well as red with everyone else.

-Dave

i am impressed !

For sure on my list are the two tank cars, the Santa’s Reserve Cocoa Tank Car and Santa’s Sleigh Rocket Fuel Tank Car

Plus two other (maybe)  items – Escaping Snowmen Handcar and I also like the Santa’s Helper Crane – but not sure how the Crane would look with my “all tank car” Christmas train

rdeal

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.