Skip to main content

TexasSP posted:

Keep in mind Bachmann's BT is not there's but was developed for DCC by another company.  BlueRail Trains is the company.  Now if BlueRail would make an O Gauge compatible BT setup, that would be a game changer.  Buh bye Legacy and DCS.  BlueRail already supports battery power too.

It would be most interesting to see WBB come out with something new and put the hurt on the competition. However WBB has not had any real new offerings that appeal to me in any way shape or form, SORRY Bachmann/Williams!!

I used to love the Williams engines before Bachmann Industries took over. The first year or two was really nice after Bachmann bought out Williams; a lot of product was being offered, but now almost Nothing new by Bachmann/Williams. Seems that since Bachmann took over the Williams line they have dropped the ball repeatedly and keep dropping it too!!

Lee Fritz

In speaking to the o scale Bachmann reps at Amherst this past January, the former K-Line GP38 mfg price quote was a rediculous number. The rep stated that GP38 was done at a time of cheap labor. There's no time soon we will likely see the K-Line GP38 to reappear. The construction involves too many manual inputs to be cost effective. Bummer!

phillyreading posted:

My personal take about the Williams/Bachmann line is that Bachmann is most likely looking to completely sell off the Williams line. Think about this; how much new product was released by Williams/Bachmann this past year?? Very little if any!!

Lee Fritz

They added a "new" item, this is consistent throughout Bachmann's product lines, 1 new item a year as has been stated. On30 also feels slow but they did recently come out with an open car, that is the 1 item. 

SGP posted:
phillyreading posted:

My personal take about the Williams/Bachmann line is that Bachmann is most likely looking to completely sell off the Williams line. Think about this; how much new product was released by Williams/Bachmann this past year?? Very little if any!!

Lee Fritz

They added a "new" item, this is consistent throughout Bachmann's product lines, 1 new item a year as has been stated. On30 also feels slow but they did recently come out with an open car, that is the 1 item. 

They could easily offer new paint schemes to refresh their lineup while maximizing existing tooling.  

SGP posted:
phillyreading posted:

Lee Fritz

1 new item could be a 6 pack of ore cars........ Lol what good is a single ore car? why not offer painted but

unlettered ore cars. Why not give the O gauge operator the same options that they give their On30 customers.

Tom N

phillyreading posted:

Lee Fritz

My guess would be more of a strategic purchase in order to prevent anyone else from starting up and competing with them.  Lionel did the same thing with Ives way back when.

Rusty

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.