Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

HO gets a Cities Sprinter Amtrak locomotive, not in O though !  :-(

The F59 is nice addition to their lineup but I want it in Caltrains Baby Bullet colors. 

How about some 44 ton switchers in more modern paint schemes, same with GP30.   They have the GP30 already, why not sell them in more roads like Conrail,  CSX, etc?

I wrote these comments on the "Ask the Bachmann" forum:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/...p/topic,33279.0.html

Last edited by VistaDomeScott
prrhorseshoecurve posted:

The first RS3 are being blown out for $200.00 which is a real bargain for your money!

I think I paid even LESS than that for my RS3 at York  in October. NIB from Trainworld. I don't care for supporting TW but when their price was significantly less than the competition a few aisle over, they got the sale.

I also agree on the comment about "livening things up". There is plenty of tooling for engines, cars, etc. Why not give us a little something different. I either have or don't want the engines and cars in the catalog already. Not even that, just a little different paint schemes would be nice (how 'bout a B&O GP30?). It seems the catalog just gets reprinted year after year with little to no changes. There is plenty of tooling available.......

Last edited by SJC

I can't open the Bachmann web page!! Tried it with 2 different emails(bellsouth.net & gmail.com). Also tried to open it on here with the same results.

Guess I will go to www.trainworld.com to see the new Bachmann items.

SJC posted:

The 2017 Bachmann/Williams Catalog is now online at the link below. Nothing exciting for Williams but lots of neat stuff for HO and N.

http://resources.bachmanntrains.com/bachmann2017/

Lee Fritz

EscapeRocks posted:

Lee, what browser and computer are you using.     I am able to get to it via the link in this thread on PC using IE at work, and Firefox on my Mac at home.

I am using an HP desk version(the big base comp.) and using Google Chrome as my browser. Have Comcast as the cable provider. Won't reply to either email server I am using; bellsouth.net or gmail.com  I can't go to it even from this website.

Do I need to go to the Bachmann website directly and then try to see about looking at the new Bachmann catalog?

Lee Fritz

Last edited by phillyreading

The F59PHI and the ore cars from the K-Line days are great.

The on-line stores can sell them for below the catalog price.

I wonder why the O scale SD70MAC/SD75M/SD75I from the K-Line by Lionel era is not in there. That was a great model and a limited number were produced.

The former K-Line O scale ACF Center Flow 2-bay covered hoppers and Evans Products Covered Coil Cars should be in the catalog.

Andrew

Fred Brenek posted:

The biggest problem with WBB is their MSRP.  It's way out of line with what they should reasonably sell for.

Agreed!  No one takes that number seriously.  I question Bachmann's entire marketing strategy of Williams O Scale products.  Bachmann has improved the sound and paint jobs of the Williams products.  But they have not brought enough fresh paint schemes to the catalog.  The rediculous MSRP numbers should be closer to market pricing.  Those in the know do not pay that, and new hobbiests would just be turned away if they think thats really the price.

I think Bachmann has definitely dropped the ball on the marketing and pricing of their Williams O gauge offerings.  They really should take a page out of the Menards playbook and try to compete for the folks who don't want to pay a lot. $25-$40 rolling stock from WBB on their online store is totally doable.... and should be tried.  I'd love to see them compete with Menards.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.