Skip to main content

Just my own opinion.  The curves on the front of your layout are too severe.  If you still kept the "S" curve at each end, but instead of more "S" curves, make it a straight away across the front, you could put some scenery or small structures in front of the straight away, giving some mystery to the whereabouts of the train and keeping it away from the front edge of the platform.  

Dan Padova posted:

Just my own opinion.  The curves on the front of your layout are too severe.  If you still kept the "S" curve at each end, but instead of more "S" curves, make it a straight away across the front, you could put some scenery or small structures in front of the straight away, giving some mystery to the whereabouts of the train and keeping it away from the front edge of the platform.  

I like to experiment with different designs each year.  Already considering something different next year

Mark Boyce posted:

It’s looking great Garrett!  

At one time we had a few ceramic buildings that they made for one side of a block.  Now my wife has bought so many at thrift stores, I can only find room on our 4x7 for about a third of them.  Thrift stores are a great place to find them and associated accessories 

so many toys and not enough space!

Add Reply

The Track Planning and Layout Design Forum is sponsored by

AN OGR FORUM CHARTER SPONSOR

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.