Skip to main content

vash44 posted:
Peter Araujo posted:

I guess we spoke too soon. The Challenger are probably taking longer than we thought.

I've heard from my dealer that they are on hold at Lionel. Word is that Lionel went to test some of the batch and went 0 for 3 on working models.

Fake News.  Like Lionel would tell any dealer that (if it were true)...  

Super O Bob posted:
vash44 posted:
Peter Araujo posted:

I guess we spoke too soon. The Challenger are probably taking longer than we thought.

I've heard from my dealer that they are on hold at Lionel. Word is that Lionel went to test some of the batch and went 0 for 3 on working models.

Fake News.  Like Lionel would tell any dealer that (if it were true)...  

That is your opinion to believe it is "fake." I am relaying verbatim what one of the largest dealers in the industry has stated for those that care to know. Why else would the Challengers be stateside and not shipping? I would have to assume dealers would like paid and Lionel would want to deliver their product so they also are paid from dealers.

Super O Bob posted:

There is NO WAY they would say 0 for 3.  What confidence does that give a dealer!  That sounds like total BS from a Troll.

This could be as simple as putting an update in each instruction booklet.  That has happened MANY TIMES in last 20 years.

Until Lionel says there is an issue, dont believe the Trolls!

Nice way to welcome newcomers to the hobby assuming everyone is a troll. As an enthusiest, I would anticipate newcomers would be a hopeful sign to you. If I was bashing Lionel, then sure, assume troll. I happen to be a fan of the orange/blue and Atlas. In this case, I am hopeful they can fix their issue as I would like to receive mine. I think the issues of the 21-inch passenger cars speak to the confidence/experience of dealers. I do applaud them for wanting to make these right and hope they ship with minimal issue. 

Super O Bob posted:

There is NO WAY they would say 0 for 3.  What confidence does that give a dealer!  That sounds like total BS from a Troll.

This could be as simple as putting an update in each instruction booklet.  That has happened MANY TIMES in last 20 years.

I for one am looking forward to this coming home.  How long have we been waiting?  Let’s stay positive and get excited when they come.  Time to criticize is if we have a problem.  The Irish in me hopes it goes like VL BB.  Mine was perfect.  I hope yours is too.  I had 3 ugly trolls in the late 60s.  That was cool?  Right

Bryant Dunivan 111417 posted:
Super O Bob posted:

I for one am looking forward to this coming home.  How long have we been waiting?  Let’s stay positive and get excited when they come.  Time to criticize is if we have a problem.  The Irish in me hopes it goes like VL BB.  Mine was perfect.  I hope yours is too.  I had 3 ugly trolls in the late 60s.  That was cool?  Right

Exactly...  there is no announced problem...  these are not in customers hands (yet)...  we dont even know why they are not here yet, it could be anything....

Yet people 'know' it must be that none of them work...  my troll comment is directed at the person at the dealer who is telling customers (as you say are new to this hobby) that challengers are 0 for 3!

HIGHLY DOUBT lionel would tell anyone that, just fix the issues...

Considering the defective PA's and RS11's and plenty of other Lionel QC issues believing there are problems with these Challengers isn't hard at all. It's not trolling, it's considering Lionels track record (that I have been a victim of far too many times) and the fact these were produced right around the same time as the PA's/RS11's

Last edited by Surefire
Berkshire President posted:

So.....Super O Bob's pure conjecture and speculation is better than someone else's pure conjecture and speculation?

This was a very civil thread until the Troll comment.....which was completely baseless and without merit, IMHO.

Bob does not know any more or any less than anyone else.  So why the high horse?

No.  You missed my point.  We actually have same point.

The act of telling a customer, by someone at a dealer there is an issue and 0 out of 3 challengers tested were bad (without any actual knowledge of situation) is trolling.

I am saying the act of ASSUMING they know why the delay abd telling other people is a bad thing.

It could be staffing still moving stuff and not yet working in inventory...  it could be anything.  I am not speculating, i am saying wait for the engines.   I dont think its right to blast '0 for 3' all over the internet (without actually knowing or having an announcement about it)...  that's trolling.  Plain and simple.

Berkshire President posted:

Not to throw a wrench in the works, but I do NOT want my dealer to be the first to get this model.  Quite the opposite, actually.

I want others to get it and then report back on it....in case something is not as "advertised".

Try putting toothpaste back in the tube.  Hope is priceless, but facts are what they are.  We will receive, judge and probably "tweak" some details.  That seems to be the pattern.  I just hope if they had a program issue, the Legacy ALCO episode prevented a potential problem with this run.  I'm looking forward to receiving this engine.  Should fill out the Steam collection pretty well.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.