Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@Bob Bubeck posted:

Yes. We have all seen those. However, what one hopes to see in the near future is a fully finished model assembled with good QC that runs well and sounds good.

Here's hoping.

Bob

Just reinforcing that tooling is cut.  As to when the Legacy Berks will appear, THAT is a different story.

Frankly, right now I'm in no hurry.   It would be just something else to throw into the moving van.

Rusty

Last edited by Rusty Traque

Opinion? I didn't expect much. I have a feeling Lionel won't be offering much new S scale product. Just toys to cater to the AF crowd. With MTH closing my opinion is that S is headed for dark times.  Until 3D printing really hits mainstream I doubt we will see much new product.

In the meantime, perhaps we should start a grassroots campaign to ask Lionel to FINALLY make the SD40-2? Maybe a petition could convince them to build it?

Last edited by jonnyspeed
I wanted to start a new posting, but with dial-up, I can't seem to do it, so the question goes here, since it's related to the catalog. It appears that the trucks, both 4 and 6 wheels have been re-tooled. In the pictures I would say the springs are just cast in, but the text for the Woodside cars claim their trucks are sprung. So, what's the story? and with the retooling, are the axles changed to, to maybe pointed ends?
@Former Member posted:
I wanted to start a new posting, but with dial-up, I can't seem to do it, so the question goes here, since it's related to the catalog. It appears that the trucks, both 4 and 6 wheels have been re-tooled. In the pictures I would say the springs are just cast in, but the text for the Woodside cars claim their trucks are sprung. So, what's the story? and with the retooling, are the axles changed to, to maybe pointed ends?

Probably "Cut 'n Paste-itis."  Most Lionel catalogs are afflicted with it in some form or another.

I don't see Lionel spending money on retooling Flyer trucks.

Rusty

Guys, remember that these are not photos but artists renditions only.  You can't make assumptions of the finished products from the catalog.  These may have just been done by two different artists. 

Not quite.  They're usually photos of undecorated models (sometimes even O gauge models, like they did with the Challengers in 2011) with the graphics Photoshopped over the image.  Lionel's been doing this for years.

Rusty

@Bob Bubeck posted:

Well, here is a thought. If Lionel still has access to the old S gauge K-Line tooling, they could offer 'new' sprung 4-wheel trucks without making new tooling. The K-Line's are near-copies of the old SHS trucks. YMMV.

Bob

I'll admit, it would be nice to get rid of the current clunky trucks, but if they didn't make use of the K-Line trucks years ago, I don't see it happening now.

I think whatever agreement there was for the K-Line assets has expired. 

Rusty

I'll admit, it would be nice to get rid of the current clunky trucks, but if they didn't make use of the K-Line trucks years ago, I don't see it happening now.

I think whatever agreement there was for the K-Line assets has expired. 

Rusty

If they missed the boat with the K-Line trucks for whatever reason then perhaps if they are on the ball they could try and pick up the MTH trucks.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.