Skip to main content

Well folks, its that time of year again! Many people are unpacking the trains for this holiday season, some are winterizing their existing layouts, while others are putting up displays for the public.

I thought it would be a great idea to create a thread to share our Christmas/winter/holiday trains and layouts.  Your pictures can be as simple as a single Christmas tree on a summer layout, a single piece of rolling stock, or an entire winter themed layout. All scales and gauges are welcome to post!

Luckily, my layout is winter themed so I have a valid excuse to listen to Christmas music year-round.

Layout 1Layout 2Ice PondIMG_E2296

I look forward to seeing all of your layouts!

Bryce

Attachments

Images (4)
  • Layout #1
  • Layout #2
  • Ice Pond
  • Main St. Park
Last edited by Oscale_Trains_Lover_
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well folks, its that time of year again! Many people are unpacking the trains for this holiday season, some are winterizing their existing layouts, while others are putting up displays for the public.

I thought it would be a great idea to create a thread to share our Christmas/winter/holiday layouts.  Your pictures can be as simple as a single Christmas tree on a summer layout, or an entire winter themed layout. All scales and gauges are welcome to post!

Luckily, my layout is winter themed so I have a valid excuse to listen to Christmas music year-round.

Bryce

That’s awesome! I’m hoping to get a permanent Christmas /winter layout going early next year. By the way Christmas music is always a good option no matter the season!

Simple, yet elegant,…this year I had my carpenter buddy build an oval platform 5 inches off the ground, …..really stopped a lot of dirt from getting on the layout, (last year it was just a board on the floor) ….anyways, this is not something I’d attempt to build,….metal yes, wood no,…I am not a carpenter, nor do I wish to become one,….surround yourself with talented folks, and anything is possible….

Pat C577C2E6-D459-4439-BEF1-56CFBC186A7A

Attachments

Images (1)
  • C577C2E6-D459-4439-BEF1-56CFBC186A7A
@Artie-DL&W posted:

Bryce, they are St. Nicholas Square, I think, sold in Kohl’s. I bought them from my neighbor when he had a yard sale before moving. It was just what I needed for a Christmas layout.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to do some more research into their products. Anything pre-2010 is still hazy for me.

There are quite a few St Nicholas Square on my layout. I have their doughnut shop, theatre, public market, clocktower (as shown in my original post), winery, biergarden, and a few others.
One of my favorites is their stone church:

Church

Bryce

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Stone Church
Last edited by Oscale_Trains_Lover_
@bigboy25 posted:

WOW! @NYC Fan did TW TrainWorx (@Traindame) make your layout? I remember them making a Polar Express themed layout some time ago.

Yes, this was totally a Trainworx project. I had little to do with building this one.

IMG_8157

Nobody makes mountains like my good friend Roger Farkash. All I did was give him the dimensions I had to work with and I added the "Night Sky" backdrop, the blue lighting and hand painted the 3D moon.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_8157
Last edited by NYC Fan
@Leroof posted:

Bryce! Nice topic and super layout! buildings are Nicholas square? Wow, and you planted a good number of trees!
awesome.

You are too kind sir! Buildings are a mix of MTH, Lionel, Ameri-towne, Dept 56, lemax, St Nicholas Square, and a few others. I stopped counting after I hit 600 trees haha!

Great photos everyone! We put our tree and decorations up on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I’ll be back with some photos of my Christmas tinplate running under the tree shortly thereafter.

I look forward to it!

@dmestan posted:

Already?  I'm still eating Halloween candy

Great stuff guys, jealous that I don't have head start.

Mine is winter year-round so I can BBQ with Christmas music on

Bryce

You are too kind sir! Buildings are a mix of MTH, Lionel, Ameri-towne, Dept 56, lemax, St Nicholas Square, and a few others. I stopped counting after I hit 600 trees haha!

I look forward to it!

Mine is winter year-round so I can BBQ with Christmas music on

Bryce

Hi. Bryce. I forgot all about this and posted my Christmas layout on the switcher Saturday thread. Here it is -

Attachments

Videos (1)
IMG_0904

I thought it would be a great idea to create a thread to share our Christmas/winter/holiday trains and layouts.  Your pictures can be as simple as a single Christmas tree on a summer layout, a single piece of rolling stock, or an entire winter themed layout. All scales and gauges are welcome to post!

Bryce

Gorgeous winter scenes, structures and scenery, Bryce!

Arnold

Here's another Christmas train set around the tree from two years ago.  Most of the stuff was taken out of the box from 44 years ago when I lived in NJ.  Some AF accessories and a lot of Plasticville buildings from back in the day.  I liked to paint things back then.  I set this up so my 91 year old father could see all the stuff he bought us back in NJ.  The AF trains I have from 1958 will remain in their boxes.  That was his last Christmas and I'll probably never use this stuff again.  I have all new MTH and Lionel equipment now.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.