Skip to main content

In the latest catalog release from Atlas it seems like a 2021 GSC Membership does not include a club car, rather an option to buy one. That was like the only reason I paid $70/year for a membership. I guess I won't be renewing.

With MTH leaving the picture soon Atlas O has an opportunity to gain some market share but it doesn't seem like they are ready to step up to the plate. No locomotives were delivered this year and the latest catalog offerings are just more of the same, no imagination. How many more oil pumps are needed with many still around from the previous run?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@catnap posted:

In the latest catalog release from Atlas it seems like a 2021 GSC Membership does not include a club car, rather an option to buy one. That was like the only reason I paid $70/year for a membership. I guess I won't be renewing.

With MTH leaving the picture soon Atlas O has an opportunity to gain some market share but it doesn't seem like they are ready to step up to the plate. No locomotives were delivered this year and the latest catalog offerings are just more of the same, no imagination. How many more oil pumps are needed with many still around from the previous run?

Agreed! Now is the time for Atlas O to step on to the plate before someone else swoops in to take over some market share!

Confusing indeed!  Their latest catalog release says that information for membership in the Golden Spike Club is coming soon.  No price to join is included, so the 2021 membership may be less if no club car will be included in the deal.  This may be done in the event a member doesn't want to receive a car that he or she wouldn't want or need for a layout or collection.

Last edited by Trinity River Bottoms Boomer

I would assume by now all the mysteries of the GSC membership have been alleviated. The only rolling stock I purchase now is the Club Car as I am concentrating all my funds on completing the scenery on my layout. So this year when Atlas offered two Club Cars, I jumped all over it. I did find it interesting as I believe somewhere in the verbiage, it was stated that the Club Cars would ship in the third quarter (I assume of 2021). My amusement came when I wondered if the 2021 Club Cars would beat my 2020 Club Car to my front porch (lol).

I dropped out of the Atlas Club a couple of years ago.  I was #0005.  A few years ago they stopped doing their newsletter updates and the deliveries of their club cars just did not happen in a timely fashion.  Everybody knows the Atlas story.

I did not think that the were serious about bringing products to market,so I dropped out and stopped being an Atlas fan.

Let me just say that I had a successful business for 37 years and recently sold it and retired.  If I would have run my business like Atlas run theirs,huh,I would not have made 5 years.

It seems that Atlas has purchased other lines and nothing has come from those acquisitions,so,good luck Atlas.

Show me,haha.

Norm

@brianhuang posted:

@catnap There are three options for the 2021 Atlas O Scale GSC Membership:

1) Primary Membership for $30.00-- No Club car.

2) Deluxe Membership for $69.95--Choice of Club car: either Goldenlock Beer or Pet Milk.

3) Deluxe Membership for $129.90--Both Club cars are included.

I hope this clears up any confusion for you and others.

Kindest Regards,

Thanks, I saw that was cleared up awhile ago on Atlas O's website.

I still didn't renew my membership. I didn't like the club car offerings and they'll take at least a year to arrive anyway.

How about a club locomotive...or any locomotive for that matter?

Has anyone received their 2020 GSC car yet?  Again, the Production schedule states they began shipping from Atlas on the 19th.  By now I would have expected some of us to have received it.  I have checked the major delivery services and there is nothing in the pipe showing for me.  I do not even see anything shipping to me from a Copying Manufacture as did the 2019 car show.

Last edited by Loose-Caboose

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.