Skip to main content

The LCCA has announced today that the Convention in Scranton Pa. has been canceled due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.

A E BLAST EMAIL HAS BEEN SENT OUT WITH DETAILS.

You can also read it on the club web site.

The Club regrets having to cancel but at this time we feel it is the best thing to do for the safety of our Members and family.

On the bright side we will be announcing a 2021 Convention Car shortly.

SAL GAMBINO/PRESIDENT ELECT LCCA

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sal,

Sorry to hear this, but it sure is the  right  way to go.  The Anthracite Hi-Railers were looking forward to displaying our layout at the convention in Scranton. Keep us in mind for the future.  Be well. Be Safe.

Earl

Earl;

There is hope!!! The email I received from the LCCA this morning said Scranton will be in 2025...

“As our membership is aware, we did not hold our annual convention in Omaha, Neb., in July 2020 due to the pandemic.  Consequently, we will be visiting Omaha for our 2024 convention and will schedule our 2025 convention in Scranton, PA.  Right now, we are thinking ahead to Nashville, Tenn., in July 2022”

I was on the month;y Zoom meeting of the NYO&W RR Historical Society last night. They can't get into SteamTown to work on the O&W 44 tonner that is there for restoration. The chairman of the committee mentioned that SteamTown is gearing up to possibly start excursions again in September.........With SteamTown inaccessible, no doubt other attractions also are....hence, there's part of the decision to cancel.

Like I said, it makes perfect sense to cancel and is is the correct thing to do.....but it is disappointing......I was looking forward to it!

Peter

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.